MU-COM or LMU-DCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RunningCSharp

Reaction score
Hello all!

I have had the fortunate opportunity to be accepted into multiple DO programs and have since put down a deposit for LMU-DCOM Harrogate and MU-COM. Let's say location and tuition aren't a factor. Which school would be better to enroll at? I want to go into emergency medicine, so nothing really competitive, but I've heard very good things about both, and only some negative feedback about LMU-DCOM (clinical rotations etc.) and was just hoping for further opinions. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
the administration of the parent body fired a dean for supporting social justice and racial equality.

Their position is: On August 14th (2020), an Associate Dean of Students emailed new student policy that stated “You are not allowed to be involved in any form of public statement about social justice and racial inequities in medicine in any prominent location on the LMU campus”."
For a veteran school, weak COMLEX pass rates as well (see COMLEX Level 1 First Time Pass Rates - 2016-2023)

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I know an LMU professor who tells us to tell people not to go to LMU if that tells you anything. I feel like 10% of my SDN post history is roasting this school......

I have friends there and I legitimately worry about them not matching. Which sucks with the amount of debt they're gonna owe.....

Reactions: 1 users