MT with a bachelors of science?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aspiringdoctor_56

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to get a bachelors of science in pyschology. Pursuing the bs path instead of ba requires me to take advanced courses like organic chem, stat, gen chem, anatomy so basically all the pre reqs to get into a med tech program. Can I apply with a bs in a non life science field since I'm still taking the pre reqs or do I have to get my associates to be a MLT and then get experience and work my way to a MT? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You didn't need a degree in the life sciences at the school I attended. As long as you had all the prereqs covered you were good to go. Doing MLT to MT will just take you longer and I think it will be a waste of time if your goal is to be an MT/MLS.

You didn't need a degree in the life sciences at the school I attended. As long as you had all the prereqs covered you were good to go. Doing MLT to MT will just take you longer and I think it will be a waste of time if your goal is to be an MT/MLS.

Thanks. How high of a gpa do you have to have? Should I retake a couple of C's and a F i got in pre reqs? Or am I good with A's and B's and a few C's my freshman year?

I think it will depend on the programs you're applying to. My program had a 2.5 minimum gpa but you had to have at least a C in all the prereqs so you'll definitely have to retake that F.