MSSP question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

randomthrowaway

Reaction score
I am a second year medical student. I commissioned in the Army Reserve MDSSP in November and still haven’t heard from APMC. I am unable to get CAC card and haven’t received a stipend yet.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you need to be turning in 1380s each month to your APMC training manager to get a good year of drill. It took them 4-6 months to contact me many years ago when I commissioned. I ended up with not enough points for the year because of it, and didn’t know back then how to get back pay. They likely haven’t attached you to the APMC and you are floating without a unit. You just need to call over there and speak to your training manager and also talk to incentives.

Your incentives should start based on whatever contact you signed up for. But call and talk to incentives just to make sure everything is filled out for you.

FYI, it will likely take several phone calls to get someone to answer or to call you back. Sometimes you get lucky. But just be polite and persistent.

To get a cac card you just need to follow the instructions and make an appt at a rapids location. There is a search engine online for this and you can make an appointment.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m in a similar situation: attending physician that direct commissioned into the army reserve over a month ago. I’ve been in contact with my unit as well as my recruiter and have been told I can’t get a CAC card until I have my orders. I have also tried calling HRC but got someone who had no idea what I was talking about.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, you need to be turning in 1380s each month to your APMC training manager to get a good year of drill. It took them 4-6 months to contact me many years ago when I commissioned. I ended up with not enough points for the year because of it, and didn’t know back then how to get back pay. They likely haven’t attached you to the APMC and you are floating without a unit. You just need to call over there and speak to your training manager and also talk to incentives.

Your incentives should start based on whatever contact you signed up for. But call and talk to incentives just to make sure everything is filled out for you.

FYI, it will likely take several phone calls to get someone to answer or to call you back. Sometimes you get lucky. But just be polite and persistent.

To get a cac card you just need to follow the instructions and make an appt at a rapids location. There is a search engine online for this and you can make an appointment.
Thank you. I have no way of contacting APMC and they havent contacted me, so I wouldn’t know my training manager.

I received my orders in January but the rapids station does not have me in their system.

My recruiter is no help either.

I’m in a similar situation: attending physician that direct commissioned into the army reserve over a month ago. I’ve been in contact with my unit as well as my recruiter and have been told I can’t get a CAC card until I have my orders. I have also tried calling HRC but got someone who had no idea what I was talking about.
What unit? Did you initiate contact or did they?

I can send you a PM if you want some contact information for the APMC, but it would not let me send it to you when I tried. If you want the info, just open up a PM to me and I can pass along.

If you don't have orders then there is nothing you can do. Either talk to your recruiter or reserve unit to see what is going on.

If you are not registered in DEERs then you can't get a cac. Contact your personnel division. Getting Your CAC

Overall, the reserve army is very slow and inefficient. Some units are just terribly managed. The people at the APMC are generally nice and helpful (if you can get ahold of them) as long as you show respect and patience. If you think something should only take a few minutes to complete, expect it to take a few days-to-a-few weeks or longer in the reserves.

Reactions: 1 users