MS2 interested in Neuro, Uro or Trauma surgery

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trollest

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
MS2 here,

I am having trouble planning my second year. To make myself competitive, I wanted to do a neuro/uro project/research after Step 1. However, our break is only a month long.

Any ideas as to what I should be doing? or Where I should be looking?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Spinal cord injury project? Relevant to neuro/neurosurg, urology (neurogenic bladder), and obviously trauma

Thanks. Another question, will I "have" to take a gap year to make myself competitive?

Spinal cord injury project? Relevant to neuro/neurosurg, urology (neurogenic bladder), and obviously trauma

Members don't see this ad :)
It's incredibly common in urology to see non-urology research projects. Our field is small. People often find us late. Find any project that you can do, publish it, and figure out what specialty you want to do. Won't hurt you in the long run to be published regardless of the field you publish in or the field you pursue.

Reactions: 1 users
It's incredibly common in urology to see non-urology research projects. Our field is small. People often find us late. Find any project that you can do, publish it, and figure out what specialty you want to do. Won't hurt you in the long run to be published regardless of the field you publish in or the field you pursue.

Just reading this and wanted to say how much I appreciate your picture/avatar choice

Reactions: 1 users