MS Pharmacology: aimed at aspiring med students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wind chimes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did my undergraduation in Biotechnology, and am considering Masters program. I am particularly interested in MS degrees in Toxicology and Pharmacology. On researching about these two, it seems to me that Pharmacology is more for students aiming for Med schools?
Which of the above two (or any other suggestions) would be better for me as a candidate who is interested in entering pharmaceutical industry, and probably a PhD in future, but not med school. I appreciate all your suggestions!

(Admin, please feel free to move this post to appropriate forum.)

Members don't see this ad.

I did my undergraduation in Biotechnology, and am considering Masters program. I am particularly interested in MS degrees in Toxicology and Pharmacology. On researching about these two, it seems to me that Pharmacology is more for students aiming for Med schools?
Which of the above two (or any other suggestions) would be better for me as a candidate who is interested in entering pharmaceutical industry, and probably a PhD in future, but not med school. I appreciate all your suggestions!

(Admin, please feel free to move this post to appropriate forum.)
Interesting question, and I'm sorry that I can't help you. I'd take a look, but not immediately post, in the pharm forum (phorum?). They can probably help you more. There are a number of MS-level degree programs that are targeted to getting kids into MD school, and it's good that you're aware that you want something different.