MRO patients in ICU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jonsnowtaxguy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am an ICU trainee somewhere in the NZ/Aus system. Here intensive care is a primary specialty. In combination with a 2 year rotating internship, the training takes a total of 8-10 years [1 year internship + 1 year resident + 2 core ICU + 1 year anaesthesiology + 1 year internal medicine + 6 months pediatric ICU+ 6 months optional+ 1 year fellowship]. I am slightly more than half way through the program (PGY6).

My question is regarding a difficult situation which I can't seem to find any guidelines to work with. We have found a fly buzzing around in a room with a patient known to be colonized with VRE and MRSA. We can't visualise it consistently enough to wack it, but can definitely hear it. We have closed the room and the nurse inside is hoping to go on her break soon. Any tips on how to get out of this situation?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was totally hoping for something more interesting after that first paragraph. Such a strong informative intro.
Like my hard on went soft on the second paragraph.

Reactions: 1 users
P8060119-copy-660x495.jpg

Hi guys,

I am an ICU trainee somewhere in the NZ/Aus system. Here intensive care is a primary specialty. In combination with a 2 year rotating internship, the training takes a total of 8-10 years [1 year internship + 1 year resident + 2 core ICU + 1 year anaesthesiology + 1 year internal medicine + 6 months pediatric ICU+ 6 months optional+ 1 year fellowship]. I am slightly more than half way through the program (PGY6).

My question is regarding a difficult situation which I can't seem to find any guidelines to work with. We have found a fly buzzing around in a room with a patient known to be colonized with VRE and MRSA. We can't visualise it consistently enough to wack it, but can definitely hear it. We have closed the room and the nurse inside is hoping to go on her break soon. Any tips on how to get out of this situation?

Thanks

Do you have an agent? With a little grooming you could be opening for Louis CK by February...funny stuff....