Mpje!!!! OMG!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Synercid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I Just took the New Mexico MPJE..... I failed! No doubt about it I totally believe I failed. I must have been guessing on like 50 percent of the questions. Anyone have any similar experiences. I should get my results tomorrow and i'm so nervous.:eek::eek::eek:

Members don't see this ad.

i felt the same way when i took the tx mpje a few years ago. i kept asking my DM how much longer could i be a grad intern. but i passed somehow. i swore up and down that i failed and felt like you for a couple of weeks. all my other friends felt the same way after they took it. but we all passed!!:luck:

How did you study? What did you use? How long did you study? I don't know if this would provide any comfort but the passing rate for the NM MPJE is >90% according to nabp's website.

I Just took the New Mexico MPJE..... I failed! No doubt about it I totally believe I failed. I must have been guessing on like 50 percent of the questions. Anyone have any similar experiences. I should get my results tomorrow and i'm so nervous.:eek::eek::eek:

I felt even worse and was very confident that I failed - Made an 85!

Members don't see this ad :)
I passed!!!!! I just got my results! Just got an 85 percent. Such a nice feeling being done. Good luck to all who still need to pass. I'm offically a pharmacist. Whooooooooooooooo!!!!!

wow i am hoping praying that i passed because i guessed on more than half of the questions.. some of the questions, i'd never even came across in my studying! =(

MPJE is significantly harder to pass than NAPLEX in my opinion. I know many people who didn't pass MPJE first time. Don't be discouraged. It is very hard test. Every choices seem to be the right answer.

One advice though... Don't read the choices like that's what you would have done in that situation. Get rid of emotions and what would be the best for the patient. Just read and apply the law.

Reactions: 1 user
Everyone keeps telling me that 1 week is sufficient to study for the MPJE. Is this true and how many hours a day did you devote? Thanks!

I'm giving myself a week to prepare, I just don't know how detailed this is going to be

One week here. Well, technically, 4 days. In terms of hours, pretty much the whole day as I'm not working that week

Members don't see this ad :)
Taking the AZ MPJE tomorrow morning, will update. I studied 4 days (took NAPLEX Friday), for a total of about 16 hours.

I just finished taking the Florida MPJE and I felt terrible after! I hope I end up like the rest of you and surprise myself!

I passed the Florida MPJE with an 81! The exam itself wasn't terrible it was just SUPER tricky!! I recommend re-reading the question along w/the answers, don't rush it. I used the UF study guide of state and federal laws, reiss & hall (read it twice and did the 300+ questions in the back) and finally the walgreens kaplan law review. I studied for 6 days.

Hope this helps! Any questions just PM me!

I just took my MPJE and i am very scared. Most of the answers i have looked up, it seems i have missed them. At least 15 now. So scared

I was wondering ultra if you had an areas of focus i should concentrate on such as new compounding regulations or nuclear pharmacy.Thank you your input would be appreciated.

I took the MPJE last Tuesday, and got my results back today.. I PASSED!

And just like everyone else I felt like CRAP for a week until I got my results. I have no idea how they score the exam but I'm just happy things worked out. VERY RANDOM ?s, that's all I can say. Study all you can but focus on what's important (CII's, transfers, license requirements, DEA forms, inspections, comparable state laws etc) and you should be fine guessing the rest. I didn't have any nuclear, compounding or questions regarding the particular drug acts.

I took MPJE on 8/22, and it seems that I have failed.

I have not gotten the actual score yet, but I am sure I have failed.

On the board's site, you can check if you have a pharmacist license on there. They have updated today and I'm not on there at all.

Other people I know who took the test before and after me are shown to have their license today. The board seems to update every week.

Now I can only wait until the mail arrives to find how bad i did. No happy ending for me.:(

BTW, how many times can I take the MPJE?

Wooo I passed this god-awful exam!! Good luck to everyone, I'm finally licensed!

I just took the Pennsylvania MPJE and thought it was HORRIBLE. When I went online to check the status of my application on the pharmacy board website in Pennylsvania it says "completed". Can I assume I passed or does someone know someone who has failed and it has said "completed" for them as well?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Took Maryland Law on Friday. It was HORRIBLE and I am scared to find out the results because Its likely that I might fail since I missed/guessed so many questions :( Only god can help me now....Will update everyone tomorrow. .....
: ( : (

I passed the Maryland MPJE: ) I was pretty nervous about this test and thought I failed it. The questions were so vague and hard choices to select from. I will go ahead and say that whatever answer that you think it is initially, pick that and don't do back and fourth with the choices. The time provided is enough but make sure you don't waste time on questions you don't know answers to.
The things I used to study for this test. APHA Law book, MD law review from University of Maryland by Dr. Fader, and Manan Shrof's MD MPJE questions, Federeal Law review from School. I studied for about 5 days altogether.
One important note: Be sure to get a good nite rest and try to schedule it early in the day so that its out of the way. If you schedule it later in the day, don't work that day!
Good Luck everyone. Hope this helps.

I took my MD MPJE on Friday and I'm pretty sure I failed it. It's Monday and I still haven't gotten my score yet online, when did you get yours (Monday or Tuesday)?

Thanks. I PASSED!!!! 87. OH MY GOD, IT IS A MIRACLE!!!!! Let me check again to ensure it's still there, a moment please.....yup, I've passed!!!

My study materials: (4 days of serious studying)
-Maryland pharmacy association law book (I read the 106 pages or so including the footnotes-important) and reread controlled substances X2
-Pharmacy exam 150 questions (X2)
-39 pages notes with a summary of Important Maryland and Federal laws- I got this from a friend, I have no idea where he got it but it was extremely helpful (reread it X2-3)
-VERY IMPORTANT: DEA pharmacist manual (google DEA pharmacist manual) it's a PDF file (X2)
-And Palumbo's and Judge Fader's review notes (I read this last X1, was useful)
-Miscellaneous notes on federal law acts, googled and got a pdf of U of Michigan pharmacy law review, just read the Federal law parts--about first 50 slides).
-AND LOADS OF PRAYERS!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
· Hello, I am taking the MPJE in a week and I am very confused how to study for it. I graduated this May from a school on the west coast, so I don't have any notes for MD law. The resources I have now are the Maryland Pharmacy Law book from the Board of Pharmacy and Pharmacist's Manual for federal law. Can any one please refer me to any resources that they felt were helpful? And did you study from the MD Board of Pharmacy book? Was it helpful?

I appreciate any help!!!!
Thanks,

hi, i am also planning to take MD law. I have one question for you. How long will it take to get a date for mpje after you get your ATT in Maryland>? Thanks

hi, i am also planning to take MD law. I have one question for you. How long will it take to get a date for mpje after you get your ATT in Maryland>? Thanks
Once you get your ATT you have to register with pearsonvue and after doing so you can look for available dates in the location you are interested. When I got my ATT there were some available dates 2 or 3 weeks from the day I registered with pearson vue, but it all depends on the location you are in.