Mph

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wingy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to say how I am excited about this new MPH forum. This really helps and is a great way to connect and meet others with similar situations. I am looking forward to new threads where we can all help each other out in the future. As for me I am currently applying to six public health schools around the area of community health sciences at UCLA, Berkely, SDSU, George Washington, Yale, Columbia. I would like to do an internship/work experience abroad during my studies for a year either in China or Latin America. Any suggestions through any organization? Any other suggestions or comments from current students and/or alumni in public health about my area of study from the specific schools I applied to?

Members don't see this ad.

Wingy,

Kudos to you for anticipating an exciting career in public health, and an exciting time in this forum. I think that there are a number of programs that have disaster relief courses or support international missions for public health students. Once you get into your program of choice, get involved with the International Health student organization that will most likely have an organized trip that you can participate in. Best of luck with your applications!

As far as the schools that you've applied to, I know that GW is more oriented towards non-traditional students, which would give you the opportunity to meet a lot of professional people. I'm not sure about how strong the other programs are in community health. I'm sure that others in this forum can sound off on the other places you've applied to.

H&T