MPH(generalist) at Univ of Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enfield

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How is it? And if some could help me choose my area of concentration in the MPH ?!! I am a foreign medical graduate, want to pursue MPH followed by a residency in Family Practice or Internal Medicine.Basically I would want to be a practising physician who is also involved in community health research, education, planning and development. Keeping in view my future goals what field should I choose? Thanks !

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't know anything about this program, so I looked up some information. It seems like a pretty good one, especially with regard to the fact that it's based out of the medical school (which makes the curriculum more relevant for future or currently practicing physicians who want to get involved in public health).

Since there are only two tracks, and the other is in Clinical Investigations, then it seems obvious to go with the Generalist track. The Generalist seems the most relevant and comprehensive with regard to your goals.

For others interested in this program, more details can be found at this site:
http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/cpm/education/mph/index.html.

Best,
H&T

It is rated the second best Community Health program in the US by the US weekly !