Moving

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeminoleFan3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Separting from the military this summer. Trying to move in beginning of June. Have orders. Being told that I can’t schedule anything until after mid-May because the “rates” don’t come out until then. Does that seem right? And it’s not very helpful to schedule 2 weeks before.

Members don't see this ad.

No, that does not seem right. I scheduled a late April pickup in February, I think

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

Well, she said if I moved before mid-May I could schedule now. But this whole thing seems absurd considering they know EVERY summer tons of people are moving. Why would people need to wait until mid-May to schedule for June?

Members don't see this ad :)
I can’t remember the specifics, but they definitely made me wait until what felt like the last minute to actually get dates. Then they screwed up the dates. Twice. Then they got the dates right on paper, but didn’t forward that paper to anyone who mattered, so the packers called me the day before the original (wrong) pack date to pack. Then after fighting with them and with the Army they got the pack date straightened out one week before it was supposed to occur. Then the movers called to show up two days after the incorrect pack date and I got to fight with them too. Keep in mind I never changed my original pack/move dates. I requested some, they approved them, then they changed them twice for no reason without calling me.

Then our delivery was 22 days later than the guarantee-by date.

So very glad that’s over.

Reactions: 1 user
I can’t remember the specifics, but they definitely made me wait until what felt like the last minute to actually get dates. Then they screwed up the dates. Twice. Then they got the dates right on paper, but didn’t forward that paper to anyone who mattered, so the packers called me the day before the original (wrong) pack date to pack. Then after fighting with them and with the Army they got the pack date straightened out one week before it was supposed to occur. Then the movers called to show up two days after the incorrect pack date and I got to fight with them too. Keep in mind I never changed my original pack/move dates. I requested some, they approved them, then they changed them twice for no reason without calling me.

Then our delivery was 22 days later than the guarantee-by date.

So very glad that’s over.

I had my first PCS move ever last summer. I honestly did not realize that you often just end up without your stuff for 2+ months while you are waiting for it to be delivered. I will be better prepared -- with a higher quality air mattress -- this time around.