Moving to Florida after TX dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Quinque

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am a D2 TX resident currently attending dental school in Texas. My school prepares us to take the WREB exam. I would like to move to Florida and practice there to be closer to my relatives upon graduation.

I heard that it is quite difficult to pass the ADEX Florida licensing exam as an outsider. Does anyone have any insight on how to get licensed in Florida right out of dental school?

Would doing a AEGD or GPR in Florida help? Are there any that prepare you to take the ADEX? Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't see why passing the ADEX is harder... it's a national test (unless I'm mistaken). You just gotta take it and pass. The only difficultly I see is probably you will have issues finding a school that offers the test near by.

Hello, I am a D2 TX resident currently attending dental school in Texas. My school prepares us to take the WREB exam. I would like to move to Florida and practice there to be closer to my relatives upon graduation.

I heard that it is quite difficult to pass the ADEX Florida licensing exam as an outsider. Does anyone have any insight on how to get licensed in Florida right out of dental school?

Would doing a AEGD or GPR in Florida help? Are there any that prepare you to take the ADEX? Thanks a lot.
I know students from my school (also a Texas school) that have taken ADEX in the past. I don’t think the exam is any harder to pass than WREB. The difficulty comes with finding reliable patients with ideal operative lesions and perio status willing to go across state lines with you to take the exam. Since you have to pay for the exam itself, traveling, and a place to stay for you, your patients and your assistant I’m sure it can be quite expensive. It can be done but it just sounds like a hassle IMO. Most of my friends that took it last year took it at UAB.