moved WAMC to Physician-scientist channel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aprit1

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
moved thread based on advice

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Come back with your MCAT retake. You are DOA for MD with a sub-500. Look at the WAMC threads on the Physician Scientists forum and see what you need to do before applying.

Of course you are strong for PhD only, and you should consider this route. Your list is too random.

Come back with your MCAT retake. You are DOA for MD with a sub-500. Look at the WAMC threads on the Physician Scientists forum and see what you need to do before applying.

Of course you are strong for PhD only, and you should consider this route. Your list is too random.
Haven't used the forum in a while so I just posted to the physician-scientist forum. Many of the schools I choose have ranges of >495 for secondaries and I chose schools based on available research programs in my field of interest (hence it is random as it is based on the faculty). In terms of MD-only, for holistic admissions, I think my experiences would weigh heavily compared to my stats. Is there a reason my ECs would be lacking for that part of the review, or do you think most schools on this list wouldn't send me secondaries?

I've seen a lot of low GPA high MCAT stories, but the adcoms at my home institution say they weigh the sustained GPA more heavily. Don't know how valid that is, and I appreciate your honest feedback!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.