Most Rewarding Moment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

postbacpremed87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a pre-pod excited about my new career choice and applying this fall. I am curious about the following:

What was the most rewarding moment of your career in terms of patient care (specific case and outcome)?

Members don't see this ad.

A little after halfway through my 3rd year of podiatry school, I began getting comfortable taking a history, reading X-rays, and coming up with the diagnosis/treatment. I then proceeded to discuss with this one patient about what he had (I didn't remember what), and counseled him on treatment because I was confidant I had the diagnosis correct and that the attending supervising me would probably agree with me. I then told him that I was going to present my findings and that the supervising doctor would come see him soon. The patient looked confused and said, "I thought you ARE the doctor!". For someone who looks young enough to be carded at rated-R movies, that was my most rewarding moment of podiatry school.