Most Meaningful Activity too similar to Personal Statement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KatsuCurry

MS3
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my PS talks about how my experience working with homeless patients was a transformative experience that led me to want to become a physician.

I thought it would intuitive to also include it as one of my most meaningful activities, even though the description of why its my most meaningful activity is pretty similar to what my PS says. My friend said that what I have in my most meaningful activity section is basically already in my PS so I'm better off not putting it as one of my most meaningful activities and talking about another activity instead.

What do you guys think? Is there a consensus on what the most meaningful activity section should be used for if your PS already talks about the topic?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So my PS talks about how my experience working with homeless patients was a transformative experience that led me to want to become a physician.

I thought it would intuitive to also include it as one of my most meaningful activities, even though the description of why its my most meaningful activity is pretty similar to what my PS says. My friend said that what I have in my most meaningful activity section is basically already in my PS so I'm better off not putting it as one of my most meaningful activities and talking about another activity instead.

What do you guys think? Is there a consensus on what the most meaningful activity section should be used for if your PS already talks about the topic?
I think it’s certainly possible to include the same activity in both PS and MM. If it was one of your MM, then there are likely multiple lessons you’ve learned or experiences you’ve had from it. I had a clinical volunteering experience that I mentioned in both—for the PS, I focused on a couple specific anecdotes that fit in line with my essay theme; for MM, I was able to give more detail about what exactly I did over the years, as well as some other lessons I learned from the experience (e.g. ones on leadership, social determinants, etc.). If you have a lot to say about it, I say go for it!

Reactions: 1 user