Most competitive pediatric fellowships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scoopdaboop

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have a feeling it would be derm due to the salary, but i am curious what others maybe more competitive.

Members don't see this ad.

To get to peds derm, one has to go derm-->peds derm, as peds derm is under the American Board of Dermatology rather than the ABP. So it's "competitive," in the sense that you have to match to a much more difficult to attain residency first :)

Peds fellowships generally aren't that competitive, but if I had to pick one probably pediatric EM. Peds cardiology is a little more competitive as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
To get to peds derm, one has to go derm-->peds derm, as peds derm is under the American Board of Dermatology rather than the ABP. So it's "competitive," in the sense that you have to match to a much more difficult to attain residency first :)

Peds fellowships generally aren't that competitive, but if I had to pick one probably pediatric EM. Peds cardiology is a little more competitive as well.

Yes, PEM and pedi cards are most competitive. Top programs in GI and neo are competitive but not so much just to match.

Are they more competitive due to net income?
PEM has relatively good lifestyle, if you can deal with high-acuity patients and night shifts you get a lot of days off each month.

Cards and GI are both relatively higher compensated because they are more procedure-based specialties.