Most common cause of death

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mountaindew2006

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a question.

On this matter i thought the order went Heart dz, cancers, STROKE, etc etc (and which is what the CDC says on their website)..

if however, one was to look at brs path (p397) it says the third is cerebrovasc dz?

urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i hate discrepancies! there should be a website for the USMLE step 1 where all the most common dz's or what not should be listed exactly how they're thinking of it. It just seems sometimes depending on who presents something it is 'the most common blah''

my 2 cents

p.s. if any one can verify the above it woudl be great!

Members don't see this ad.

CVA (Cerebro/brain Vascular/vessel accident)= STROKE, they are correct.

list is as follows in decending order:
1)CAD (smoking),
2)CA (smoke),
3) CVA (smoke),
4)COPD (smoking),
5)accidents (see drunk drivers),
6) pneumonia (hospitals)
7) diabetes (american diet)
8) AIDS,
9) suicide, then I think the 10th is dementia.

I'm glad I smoke.

Originally posted by mountaindew2006
Just a question.

On this matter i thought the order went Heart dz, cancers, STROKE, etc etc (and which is what the CDC says on their website)..

if however, one was to look at brs path (p397) it says the third is cerebrovasc dz?

urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i hate discrepancies! there should be a website for the USMLE step 1 where all the most common dz's or what not should be listed exactly how they're thinking of it. It just seems sometimes depending on who presents something it is 'the most common blah''

my 2 cents

p.s. if any one can verify the above it woudl be great!

Are you being serious? Or is this an attempt to make fun of all the posts lately about people being frustrated with review books not agreeing?

alright i'm an idiot. didnt realize the connection. heck i was up for like 12 hours studying neuropath , my head was fried.

thanks

p.s. i was being serious ........STUPIDLY