Morehouse School of Medicine c/o 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Determination

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to start a thread for those who think they will be at MSM starting in July (class of 2012). I thought this would be a good way to start meeting,networking and discussing things such as financial aid, housing,etc.

Members don't see this ad.

I just posted in the howard thread, but right now i am definitely still considering morehouse as well. I'm just waiting on financial aid information and trying to figure out where is right for me, but morehouse may just be it.

I might be here...if I get an interview and acceptance :eek: I have family in the area who when to morehouse UG, but no one who did anything w/ med school. Since they only have 1 BR condos (in the city) and my friends live outside of the city I'm hoping if I go here some ATL ppl can let me know about housing in the area. Hope all is wel w/everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
UVABranch I hope you get an interview and an acceptance. I will keep you in my prayers!!!

Thanks D! How about that craziness in the GA school thread :eek:

Tell me about it but at least he apologized. Have you heard anything yet UVAbranch?

I just wanted to say hello and hopefully get to know some of my future class mates before getting down there in July. Wishing you all well on whatever you're working on now until then! Drop a line if you have a opportunity!:)

Does anyone know when financial award letters will be sent out?

I hate to say this but consider yourself fortunate if you get your financial package by the end of may. When I first called, I was told that by the first week of July, we should get it. Then I spoke with Dr. Roaf directly and was told by end of May but by mid. June for most people. It gets me upset because financial aid is my deciding factor at this point.

Hi everyone I'm part of the class of 2012 at Morehouse and I really need a place to live and a roommate for next year! So if there are any GIRLS interested in rooming with me next year, PLEASE send me a pm. I'm so excited to meet all of you!:)

Hello,
I am also part of the 2012 class. I have had no luck with my search for a room mate. I am a guy and would be happy to find a room mate and place to live. I am currently in California and that is making it hard for me to find a place. Pm me if interested. Can't wait to see all your brilliant minds in the fall.
peace

Hey guys,
I'm OOS and was waitlisted back in December, think theres any chance that their waitlist is still moving?? I was hoping that it was because they were taking too long with their financial aid awards but now I'm not so sure and I might have to do another post-bacc. Anyone know or have an insider word? I would greatly GREATLY appreciate it, thanks in advance...

I cant believe the tution increase. I swore last year it was 22,500 for tuition. Does anyone know why the first year fees are 5,000 (laptop is about 2,000) but then every year after that, it does not decrease 2000. I tried to sort it out from what they sent me, but I really dont get it. I thought the subsequent years would be thousands less. Oh well

Hey Guys
I am really excited and happy for you guys. I am a pre-med and will be apply in the upcoming cycle and am in the process of researching schools. I really believe that msm would be a good fit for me. I was wondering what drew you guys to msm.

Hey, everybody. I also plan to attend Morehouse School of Medicine and I'm working on trying to find a place to stay and a roomate.

Does anyone know if MSM has residency locations in the tri-state area?

Hi guys I'm IS and I got a letter that I have been wait listed as well. I interviewed in March. Do any of you know whether or not they have a high and low priority for the waiting list?