USMLE/COMLEX More than 2,500 questions with instant results to Boost Your Step 1 Score!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ELS Marketer

Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
More than 2,500 questions with instant results to Boost Your Step 1 Score!

USMLE Consult Step 1 Question Bank
2,500+ questions with high-yield remediation from trusted Elsevier content. Each purchase includes FREE Scorrelator™

USMLE Consult is MAC-compatible!

TRY IT TODAY! Activate discount code TPW09S130 to save 30% at checkout on all USMLE Consult Step 1 products and subscription lengths. Buy now and activate your PIN within the next 6 months!

USMLE Consult Step 1 Question Bank’s Outstanding Features:
.o. ..Simulate the latest USMLE™ exam interface – choose from current or NEW! FRED V2
.o. ..Choose between test modes – practice (untimed with answers and explanations as you go) and timed (with answers and explanations at the end)
.o. ..View High-yield Hits (bonus remediation content) from Elsevier textbooks and other premier products
.o. ..Pick a random mix of questions or select by discipline and organ system
.o. ..Customize tests with new questions, previously incorrect questions, or a mix of both
.o. ..Analyze your performance for each test or cumulatively over time, track your progress, pinpoint right and wrong answers by Discipline and Organ System, and compare your scores to others’
Learn more about USMLE Consult Step 1 products. http://www.studentconsult.com/usmle/about/default.cfm#step1

Check the forum throughout the week to find out how you can take a test drive…then come back and tell us what you think!

Members don't see this ad.

Elsevier's USMLE Consult will be giving away one free subscription to USMLE Consult Step 1 Question Bank to one lucky member. Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I'm Suzanne Coladonato, the product manager for the USMLE Consult. In Fred V2, you can tag a question and the note will stay with the question for as long as you have access. In Fred V1, you can tag a question, but after the test is complete, the tag will be removed. I am almost 100% certain this is the behaviour and it worked for me. But you may want to try it yourself (free trial).

Are there audio/visual questions incorporated into the questions bank?

What is a "scorrelator"? Sounds interesting.

What is a "scorrelator"? Sounds interesting.

We have a Scorrelator for each Step -- it's a 3-hour mock test of pre-selected questions that allows you to compare your performance to other peoples' USMLE and COMLEX scores for that same step/level. If you buy a q-bank you get a free Scorrelator to enhance your prep, which is an awesome value.

How does the program give you the questions? I see that it can be timed or untimed but does it give it to you in 48 question blocks?

How does the program give you the questions? I see that it can be timed or untimed but does it give it to you in 48 question blocks?

You choose the number of questions you want in the exams you create (from 2 to 50 questions). The timing information adjusts to the number of questions you choose.

Are there audio/visual questions incorporated into the questions bank?

Hi,

USMLE Consult has updated our interface to allow students to choose Fred V1 or V2. We have the ability to post audio/video, but the questions have not been vetted yet. We have a projected March date for those questions to go live. :xf:

Hi,

USMLE Consult has updated our interface to allow students to choose Fred V1 or V2. We have the ability to post audio/video, but the questions have not been vetted yet. We have a projected March date for those questions to go live. :xf:

cool.

You choose the number of questions you want in the exams you create (from 2 to 50 questions). The timing information adjusts to the number of questions you choose.

Thanks!

How much time does it generally give you per question?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like a great resource for Step 1. What is "High-yield Hits (bonus remediation content)"? Thanks.

I'm a little confused about the High-yield Hits. Does the explanation itself contain more information or am I referenced to something in one of the Elsevier books?

I'm a little confused about the High-yield Hits. Does the explanation itself contain more information or am I referenced to something in one of the Elsevier books?

Here's the skinny on High-yield Hits...I know the thumbnail image size makes it difficult to see detail, but if you click it you'll be taken to a place where you can enlarge it. The bigger image below is probably a better indicator of how HYHs are incorporated into the remediation as you're taking the test.

screenshot.gif

Hi!

Can you tell me how long you have access to the question bank after you purchase it? Is there a way to defer it if you don't want to use it, yet?

Thanks!

I have a number of books which I can access online with Student Consult, which I know is also an Elsevier product. Is USMLE Consult integrated with the books I have access to - ie if I miss a question involving anatomy, does it direct me to the appropriate section in Gray's?

Thanks!

Hi!

Can you tell me how long you have access to the question bank after you purchase it? Is there a way to defer it if you don't want to use it, yet?

Thanks!

Hey Dreamer,

You can buy now -- take advantage of the current discount :thumbup: -- and defer to a later date to actually use the product. You just need to be sure you activate the PIN within six months of the date you purchased it, or it will expire.

-Lisa

How would one use the Scorrelator results when using the test bank? Would easier questions be flagged to be done if one scores poorly on the scorrelator?

Thanks for the explanation! The screen shots looked pretty good too. Seems like a great QBank.

I have a number of books which I can access online with Student Consult, which I know is also an Elsevier product. Is USMLE Consult integrated with the books I have access to - ie if I miss a question involving anatomy, does it direct me to the appropriate section in Gray's?

Thanks!

Hi,

The products are connected in that the sites share log-in information, but not in the way that you ask about. The high-yield hits that you may have seen discussed include content from Gray's Anatomy (among many others), but the content is right on the USMLE site beneath the question.

How would one use the Scorrelator results when using the test bank? Would easier questions be flagged to be done if one scores poorly on the scorrelator?

Hi Caligirl,

The Q-bank and the Scorrelator work separately, but they complement each other. For instance, if you want to assess strengths and weaknesses before using the Qbank, you take the three 50-question blocks to see where you stand. The results assess by discipline and organ system (for Step 1), so you can focus on those subjects when you use the Qbank (which allows you to choose questions by those categories).

If you want to study first, then see where you stand, it's a great way to track progress.

Hope this helps.

I'm a little confused about the Fred V1/V2 thing? I assume that V2 is the closest to the real thing, so why would you use V1? Are some of the questions only available in one or the other format? Do questions and stats taken in one format transfer to the other format?

I'm a little confused about the Fred V1/V2 thing? I assume that V2 is the closest to the real thing, so why would you use V1? Are some of the questions only available in one or the other format? Do questions and stats taken in one format transfer to the other format?

Here is what NBME tells us about Fred V1/V2:
Migration of Step 2 CK to the NBME's new test delivery software began in August of 2008. Migration of Step 1 and Step 3 to the new test delivery software will occur in 2009. Please monitor the USMLE website announcements section to check for changes in test delivery software.

So Fred V1 is still very much relevant, depending upon when a student is taking the exam. All questions are available in both formats (so are Scorrelators). Questions and stats DO transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.