more residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aggiecrew

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does you think there will be a great increase in the number of derm residencies with the huge popularity of the field? I've heard that there is also a great need, don't know if that's true or not but I know I had to get on a waiting list when I wanted to see a derm a few years back.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

aggiecrew said:
does you think there will be a great increase in the number of derm residencies with the huge popularity of the field? I've heard that there is also a great need, don't know if that's true or not but I know I had to get on a waiting list when I wanted to see a derm a few years back.

thanks!
There is a shotage of dermatologists in the US today,however the actual number of residency positions is related to funding issues,especially to medicare payments to hospitals which have been under intense pressure lately.The American Academy of Dermatology is currently making a big push to increase the number of residency training positions,but dont anticipate major changes anytime soon.