more intensive: anatomy or physiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmapcpro

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which class is more work intensive, anatomy or physiology?

Both of them have a lab as well. I'm planning for a semester, and it's going to be pretty tight with classes and labs...I'll have to move one of these classes to another semester, so I'm curious as to their difficulty.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Taking them in a class where you must learn both is pretty intense.

I appreciate your response.

In my situation, they are two independant classes, each 1 semester long, each 4 credits with a 3 hour weekly lab.

Is it fair to say that they are both similar in work/time-commitment requirements, so just choose either class and be done with it?

Now, you mentioned having them both in the same class is intense. I'm assuming you mean an "Anatomy and Physiology" class...since this isn't the case for me, is it recommended to take them in 2 separate semesters?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by mmapcpro
Which class is more work intensive, anatomy or physiology?

Both of them have a lab as well. I'm planning for a semester, and it's going to be pretty tight with classes and labs...I'll have to move one of these classes to another semester, so I'm curious as to their difficulty.

Thanks

If you will still be taking both of them, I would take Anatomy first, and follow up with physio. The Anatomy will provide context to the physiology.

However, both of them are intense just different in learning modalities.

Originally posted by MDTom
If you will still be taking both of them, I would take Anatomy first, and follow up with physio. The Anatomy will provide context to the physiology.

However, both of them are intense just different in learning modalities.

Agreed. Taking Anatomy first is definitely the way to go. In a Physiology only class, they kind of expect you to know the names of structures and why they are there already. So take A before P.
Both are pretty much the same level of difficulty.

Thank you so much...it's settled, then.

:)

I am new here but I would also recommend taking Anatomy before Physio.

I can't imagine going into Physio with no Anatomy background. We had a few in my class who had no anatomy background and they just didn't do as well.

Really both classes are intense, just in different ways. Anatomy is mostly memorization and Physio you just have learn how it all works.

I LOVED these classes though and made A's in them both- I just dig this stuff!! Having some chem background for Physio would be good too.

Good luck!

The anatomy course I'll be taking is Human Anatomy.

Anybody have any idea how this relates, in terms of comprehensiveness, to the Anatomy class you take in med school?

From what I've heard, college human anatomy courses pale in comparison with the med school version.

all ugrad anatomy will have weaker lab practicals, ugrads don't have the time or resources to accomodate ugrads w/ cadavers..
As far as the paper tests went, mine was identical to my school's medical class (we had an extra 2.5 weeks of class though).

that being said, physiology is hands down superior for the mcat