Money

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cure4cancer

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow the more I research the less excited I become about becoming a Doctor.

Don't get me wrong, I still want to be a doctor, but after looking at the number of Medschoolers graduating every year, wouldn't money be really hard to earn ? especially when almost every other person is a doctor?

I just read that there are approximately 400 students at SGU for example.. and I'm guessing after they all graduate they will all find residencies in the USA.. and if there are that many grads every year coming out of thiis one medical school + all the other med schools all around the states .. wouldn't the number of doctors increase tremendously within the next few decades leaving jobs scarce?

Kind of like whats happening in China I believe. I heard that there are so many doctors graduating every year that alot of them are having a extremely hard time finding a job..

I'd like to hear some opinions on this topic please, maybe there are other factors I'm not thinking of right now off the top of my head..

Members don't see this ad.

Canada actually has a shortage of Physicians and the situation will not change. NOTHING LIKE IN CHINA. You do something you like and not because you are garranteed good money. If you want money, plummers get great money. and work less hours.

cure4cancer said:
Wow the more I research the less excited I become about becoming a Doctor.

Don't get me wrong, I still want to be a doctor, but after looking at the number of Medschoolers graduating every year, wouldn't money be really hard to earn ? especially when almost every other person is a doctor?

I just read that there are approximately 400 students at SGU for example.. and I'm guessing after they all graduate they will all find residencies in the USA.. and if there are that many grads every year coming out of thiis one medical school + all the other med schools all around the states .. wouldn't the number of doctors increase tremendously within the next few decades leaving jobs scarce?

Kind of like whats happening in China I believe. I heard that there are so many doctors graduating every year that alot of them are having a extremely hard time finding a job..

I'd like to hear some opinions on this topic please, maybe there are other factors I'm not thinking of right now off the top of my head..