Moh's Surgery References

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laxman310

TheManWithAPlan
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be shadowing a Moh's surgeon soon, and would like to have some idea of what is going on so that I can discuss it intelligently.

I am re-reading the skin chapter in Robbin's, any other suggestions for an afternoon of reading?

Members don't see this ad.

I will be shadowing a Moh's surgeon soon, and would like to have some idea of what is going on so that I can discuss it intelligently.

I am re-reading the skin chapter in Robbin's, any other suggestions for an afternoon of reading?

For an overview, go to the library and check out one of the recent derm textbooks as they have a decent overview of the technique. For a slightly more in depth read check out Mohs Micrographic Surgery by Snow and Mikhail.

FYI -- You won't be expected to know much beyond the basics.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much!

Members don't see this ad :)
For an overview, go to the library and check out one of the recent derm textbooks as they have a decent overview of the technique. For a slightly more in depth read check out Mohs Micrographic Surgery by Snow and Mikhail.

FYI -- You won't be expected to know much beyond the basics.

what about mohs surgery by gross, steinman, and rapini? is it not as good as snow and mikhail?

what types of things are we expected to know? there's so much information that i don't know what to focus on besides clinical presentation. are we expected to know about repairs?

what about mohs surgery by gross, steinman, and rapini? is it not as good as snow and mikhail?

what types of things are we expected to know? there's so much information that i don't know what to focus on besides clinical presentation. are we expected to know about repairs?

Well... if you truly want to learn about micrographic surgery, it would make sense to me to learn it from people who actually have extensive, dedicated training in the subject (i.e. fellowship trained individuals, which these fellas are not).

You really are not expected to know much about repairs either. Frankly, we never expected a lot of surgical "knowledge" from our students; the only time that a student would ever get pimped was during lectures and noon conference, and these very rarely (if ever) entailed much surgical subject matter.