ModMed EMR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

podiatryrookie

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there, i am looking for a new EMR, i was contracted my Modmed and seemed very good. Anyone have experience with this system?

Members don't see this ad.

Have never used. Sorry - not a lot to go on based on your post. What are you currently using? What don't you like about what you are using? What rates is Modmed offering you / how are you going to bill etc. What are you hoping to achieve? How will you transfer your current EHR?

All EHRs are liars and will say anything to get you. I have Athena. They are overpriced and terrible at billing. That said, I spoke to another podiatrist at a conference who has no idea what her practice is billing / collecting for services which I can at least say isn't an Athena problem.

Reactions: 1 user
Have never used. Sorry - not a lot to go on based on your post. What are you currently using? What don't you like about what you are using? What rates is Modmed offering you / how are you going to bill etc. What are you hoping to achieve? How will you transfer your current EHR?

All EHRs are liars and will say anything to get you. I have Athena. They are overpriced and terrible at billing. That said, I spoke to another podiatrist at a conference who has no idea what her practice is billing / collecting for services which I can at least say isn't an Athena problem.
Ive used Practice fusion and Kareo which i thought were pretty good but im looking for an all in one system that does billing/practice management.

Members don't see this ad :)
I use eClinical Works. I pay $699 a month. Comes with healow and online booking that links to my website that I got for free from eCW as part of their sign up bonus when I opened my practice. I do all my billing/practice management on eCW.

I know some don't like eCW because of the interface but I am very content with it. I am a solo doc if that matters but I know a few big medical groups who also use eCW in my area. I have my templates for all my common pathologies so my notes are very quick for heel pain, ingrown, warts, ulcers, arthritis, capsulitis, toe/foot/ankle sprains, toe/metatarsal/midfoot/calc/ankle fractures.

One thing also is that eCW does not link to my digital x-ray. I have to enter my x-ray read manually. Not a big deal for me though.

Reactions: 1 user
Ive used Practice fusion and Kareo which i thought were pretty good but im looking for an all in one system that does billing/practice management.
Kareo (now Tebra) is all in one... billing, sched, EMR, Rx writing... $599/mo, with a couple months free if you talk to a rep.

I like it... it has its hiccups, but generally runs better with less lag and downtime than most peers.

...for any EMR, you are best to do your own marketing, accounting, and payroll. The 'partner' ones the EMR refer you to are just pay-for-play and typically overpriced compared to more specialized companies.