Technology Modifying a password protected document

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fab4fan

TiredRetiredRN
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to modify a password protected document. I can get into the document, but when I try to make additions to it, everything I type comes out in red and is underlined. What am I doing wrong?

Members don't see this ad.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I do, but I don't know how to get back into it to change it. Like I said, I can open it. Should I just redo it and keep the track changes turned off?

Members don't see this ad :)
Need more info.

* What kind of document? (Office?)
* What platform? (Windows? Mac? iOS?)
well we can be certain he's using a Mac :laugh: I don't know what software, though.

fab4, if you're using microsoft word, you can just go into the document and under the review tab make sure "track changes" isn't checked

well we can be certain he's using a Mac :laugh: I don't know what software, though.

fab4, if you're using microsoft word, you can just go into the document and under the review tab make sure "track changes" isn't checked

LOL. Well "he" is a "she," and she is using Office:mac. The document is on Word.

Well I just came back and figured out how to get into the document. Now, if only this damn chemo brain would let me remember what it was I wanted to get into.. Good grief, just as I was typing this, I remembered what it was I wanted to modify, and it wasn't even the document I had pulled up. Good thing I'm not working anymore.

Thanks for your help. IDK why people always think I'm a guy. Is it the avatar, or is it something else? Right under my name it says "Crusty Old Bat Nurse." That should be a dead giveaway. And how did you know I was using a Mac? :laugh:

ETA: I got into the document and was able to modify it. Nothing blew up or caught fire.

Last edited:
Which type of document you want to protect. There are many protection software available, use one of them.