Mock Interview Prep?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

_NM_

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Found a few mock interview buddies--problem solved! Thanks for the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My undergrad pre professional health society did it. Also, I did it with family members.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Suggestions for non-trads who don't have access to a college career center?
If you know of anyone who works in Human Resources capacity, ask them for help in receiving a mock interview. This website has an interview feedback section where interviewers could find material to ask you

Reactions: 2 users
I'm working full-time now but will check with human resources like you suggested, Goro. Thanks for the advice!

Don't pay money. If you want, watch Youtube. Remember, interview prep should be about helping find your voice, being comfortable in the setting and acting professional. If you can do those and know your application extremely well, you should be fine. If you have perceived weaknesses they may ask about or interesting facts about yourself, create some bullet points, not whole canned answers. They may not ask you in the way your answer was written and it'll either sound off and totally forced, or it'll trip you up and you'll get nervous.

If they ask you something totally out of the blue, it's fine to give yourself a moment to gather your thoughts. Say something like "That's a great question. It's not something I've experienced/truly thought about extensively." Medicine is full of both introverts and extroverts, so don't shy away from who you are. Both personalities have successfully sold themselves to AdComs for years, you can too.

Reactions: 3 users
You should still contact your alma mater career counseling center. Mine has this online program that records you and then you watch it back. They could also do a Skype one. Good luck!

If you know of anyone who works in Human Resources capacity, ask them for help in receiving a mock interview. This website has an interview feedback section where interviewers could find material to ask you
Great suggestion :)

You should still contact your alma mater career counseling center. Mine has this online program that records you and then you watch it back. They could also do a Skype one. Good luck!
My institutions career counselling centre has loads of interview prep resources - has been really useful :)

Reactions: 1 user
I would just Google "med school interview prep" or similar and then review the offers and call up at least 3 companies. Everybody is different and I think this is a decision you should make on your own after doing some research

I would just Google "med school interview prep" or similar and then review the offers and call up at least 3 companies. Everybody is different and I think this is a decision you should make on your own after doing some research
Yeh really good advice, I think some of them do free consultations as well which can be helpful as well :)