MOCA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

upbeatdoc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, Do you know how to prepare for pediatric MOCA, I have mine starting in January 2024 and want to start preparing now. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, Do you know how to prepare for pediatric MOCA, I have mine starting in January 2024 and want to start preparing now. Thanks.
I didn’t at all and passed the general peds without practicing general peds in over a decade.

You can read the topics they give you. It’s also smart to review the questions you get wrong each cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
I also just finished the moca cycle. I didn’t prepare either and passed. The questions are generally reasonable with good focus on guidelines and general practice (definitely a few stupidly sub specialty driven ones that you’ll get wrong). They are also open book with a five minute window to answer. Your lowest four quarters are dropped (over the whole time period). Don’t worry too much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Be sure to pull up the resources that they have listed as content areas. I forget the exact name but the articles/guidelines are there on the dashboard. Have them open in extra browser tabs for easy access - won't always get questions from them though. And then google since it's open access by design. I passed readily as well...though was a little mad that my score wasn't higher because they started counting quarters from the beginning of my cycle and scores from the first 4 years of the cycle were enough to pass...but I did really well this last year and wanted those scores!

Be sure to pull up the resources that they have listed as content areas. I forget the exact name but the articles/guidelines are there on the dashboard. Have them open in extra browser tabs for easy access - won't always get questions from them though. And then google since it's open access by design. I passed readily as well...though was a little mad that my score wasn't higher because they started counting quarters from the beginning of my cycle and scores from the first 4 years of the cycle were enough to pass...but I did really well this last year and wanted those scores!
thank you

I didn’t at all and passed the general peds without practicing general peds in over a decade.

You can read the topics they give you. It’s also smart to review the questions you get wrong each cycle.
TY

Thanks!