mo' ERAS ?s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phllystyl

n0t the j0ke f0rum!@RAWR@
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) Professional organizations - Does that include being a member of AMA, AMSA, ACP, etc? And should we put dates next to that stuff?

2) Awards - again should they be dated? does anyone type out a description of the award? Thus far I have not.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes those count as professional societies. Use your discretion as to which ones to list. I wouldnt date them.

As for awards, I put a short description (sentence fragment) for each. Unfortunately there is a space issue in that box so be succinct.

How did you interpret the "medical school awards" section? I wasn't sure if this meant awards you received FROM your medical school, or just DURING medical school. Further complicating this issue is the fact that when you look at the CV format, some of these fields are combined, whereas they're not in the CAF format.

Also, which form does the residency program receive? The CAF or the CV? Im curious for formatting issues/ appearance.

As I fill out ERAS and am reminded again of my complete lack of extracurriculars, professional memberships, student government positions, volunteer work and medical school awards, I thank god that I'm not interested in anything terribly competitive. I don't know how people rack up all this sh1t that they do. My CV is approximately three lines different from the one I had when I started med school.