Mizzou vs Iowa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chqu22

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to Iowa State for the c/o 2027, but just found out today that I have been pulled off the Mizzou waitlist as well! Both schools are OOS for me, and I have secured housing in Iowa. Any advice would be appreciated!!! I am interested in shelter med and possible specialization in an area of small animal med!

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted to Iowa State for the c/o 2027, but just found out today that I have been pulled off the Mizzou waitlist as well! Both schools are OOS for me, and I have secured housing in Iowa. Any advice would be appreciated!!! I am interested in shelter med and possible specialization in an area of small animal med!
I am graduating with an MPH with an emphasis in VPH from Mizzou in a few weeks . I have taken several courses for my MPH that are courses for the vet program. Although I have enjoyed this program at Mizzou, I definitely didn’t feel more inclined to pursue their program necessarily for veterinary school. However, the ability to get in state tuition after the first year is a major plus! I know graduates and current students from both schools, and I haven’t heard any major complaints from either. Have you been able to visit? COL is supposed to be cheap near campus at Mizzou! I do think that I would pick Mizzou over Iowa for the lower tuition & COL if I was in your situation.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!

Go to the program that will be the least expensive for tuition + COL. If the COL #'s are accurate and you confirm current tuition rates, saving $56k is a lot of money.

Reactions: 1 user