Mistakes on SOPHAS..notify admissions committee?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oncology2020

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found several mistakes on my verified SOPHAS under "Activities" section where my description for the activity did not save or at times it has a place holder where I had written something like "xx" (thankfully no "xxx"). I only applied to one program. It looks kind of bad so am kind of worried. Do you think I can call the admissions office and ask if I can send in an addendum with the descriptions of the activity? Anyone have any experience with this?

Members don't see this ad.

I found several mistakes on my verified SOPHAS under "Activities" section where my description for the activity did not save or at times it has a place holder where I had written something like "xx" (thankfully no "xxx"). I only applied to one program. It looks kind of bad so am kind of worried. Do you think I can call the admissions office and ask if I can send in an addendum with the descriptions of the activity? Anyone have any experience with this?

SOPHAS is quite weird like that. When I first started on my application, it wouldn't let me save my answers or anything.

Ah, my inkling is that you want to contact SOPHAS and ask about that if it is something that is quite strange or numerous in regards to the descriptions on your application? I'm not sure if it'll have to be re-verified if you do that though but I've seen people contact SOPHAS to fix mistakes before.

Otherwise, an updated CV/resume may be useful too.

Best of luck! :)

Just out of curiosity, did you double check the activities section to see how it looked before you submitted it? If you did and the errors did not register, then that is a SOPHAS issue. Unfortunately, you cannot edit the activities section once you submit; you can only add new ones. It is very odd that the mistakes did not reveal themselves until after verification. Definitely call SOPHAS customer service and see if they will let you edit.

Reactions: 1 user