Mistakes Made on NAPLEX August 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new to SDN, but have found the threads on here to be very comforting to me so I had a question on my recent NAPLEX. I wanted to post about my NAPLEX experience to get a little bit more comfort and peace of mind...I took my NAPLEX a few days ago and felt that the math and biostats was not bad at all. There were questions that I completely guessed on and others that I knew straight away. I had such a random mix of topics. I finished my exam probably an hour early (I am a notoriously quick test taker, so I was not surprised by this..I finished my MPJE in 45 minutes). But afterward, I kept remembering so many silly mistakes I made that I didn't realize while taking the exam!! I am so mad at myself, I should have taken my time...I have been sick about it these past few days. I keep remembering mistakes I made/looking up answers to things I was unsure about only to find out I got them wrong:cryi: Anyone out there have a similar situation and pass? Find out you made mistakes/got several wrong but still end up with a passing score? No one knows exactly how they grade this thing and I know 50 questions don't count towards your score, but I am SOOOOO nervous. Any extra insight would be awesome. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone feels like they fail my man. I started at 8AM (actually sat down and started closer to 840 due to delayed check in) and was out by noon so I have you beat time wise ;)

Everyone feels like they fail my man. I started at 8AM (actually sat down and started closer to 840 due to delayed check in) and was out by noon so I have you beat time wise ;)
No way lol that's the fastest time I've ever heard wow!!! That makes me feel a little better because everyone I know was down to the last minute. Still feel like I made so many mistakes...I already know I got a bunch wrong...hoping for the best!

Hello everyone! I am new to SDN, but have found the threads on here to be very comforting to me so I had a question on my recent NAPLEX. I wanted to post about my NAPLEX experience to get a little bit more comfort and peace of mind...I took my NAPLEX a few days ago and felt that the math and biostats was not bad at all. There were questions that I completely guessed on and others that I knew straight away. I had such a random mix of topics. I finished my exam probably an hour early (I am a notoriously quick test taker, so I was not surprised by this..I finished my MPJE in 45 minutes). But afterward, I kept remembering so many silly mistakes I made that I didn't realize while taking the exam!! I am so mad at myself, I should have taken my time...I have been sick about it these past few days. I keep remembering mistakes I made/looking up answers to things I was unsure about only to find out I got them wrong:cryi: Anyone out there have a similar situation and pass? Find out you made mistakes/got several wrong but still end up with a passing score? No one knows exactly how they grade this thing and I know 50 questions don't count towards your score, but I am SOOOOO nervous. Any extra insight would be awesome. Thanks!
Hi, I remember after taking my NAPLEX, I moped around for 3 days because of the anxiety! To me, failure meant that I had wasted the last 4 years of my life and the job offer I had depended on the results. The fact that you thought the math was easy tells me you probably passed. I believe those questions are weighted more than others. I got a brand/generic question wrong that still haunts me to this day. And the first set of questions was on a topic I had never learned about in school— and ironically it’s a disease state I currently work on professionally. Sorry for rambling, but my point is that I passed with a score above 100 even though it felt like I could’ve almost failed. I’m sure you passed! Good luck in your career!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just an update...I passed with a 106!!! That's insane because I literally KNOW I got at least 30 wrong just from looking up answers to questions I remember answering incorrectly. So for those of you who think they failed, you most likely didn't! Have your math, biostats and compounding down pat and you'll be okay!! Good luck to anyone reading this post!

Reactions: 1 users
These are like Advanced Placement exams in U.S. high schools... you are not expected to be an expert or even a good writer... even though you studied continuously presumably for a a year (or 3-4 years for PharmD). You can miss a lot and still get a 5.

On NAPLEX you can miss a lot and still get > 100.

Reactions: 1 user