Mistake on AMCAS application 2019 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lysosomes

Reaction score
Hello

I submitted my AMCAS application and then noticed 2 errors I did on my work/activity section.
For 2 activities I indicated the experience type as "medical/clinical" when it should be "not medical/clinical"

I contacted AMCAS and as I expected I cannot edit it, Im worried this mistake will really hurt my application. Can someone help?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my AMCAS application and then noticed 2 errors I did on my work/activity section.
For 2 activities I indicated the experience type as "medical/clinical" when it should be "not medical/clinical"

I contacted AMCAS and as I expected I cannot edit it, Im worried this mistake will really hurt my application. Can someone help?
Do you have something medical/clinical that is correctly labeled?
Do you also have an activity that is NOT medical/clinical that is correctly labeled?
Would you say it is clear from the description of the two incorrectly tagged experiences that no patients were involved?
Is this a recent AMCAS submission that has not yet been verified?

Do you have something medical/clinical that is correctly labeled?
Do you also have an activity that is NOT medical/clinical that is correctly labeled?
Would you say it is clear from the description of the two incorrectly tagged experiences that no patients were involved?
Is this a recent AMCAS submission that has not yet been verified?

Yes I have something that is medical/clinical and NOT medical/clinical that are correctly labelled
Yes the descriptions are clear that no patients were involved or anything medical involved, in the incorrect tagged experiences
No my application has been verified for a while now

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I have something that is medical/clinical and NOT medical/clinical that are correctly labelled
Yes the descriptions are clear that no patients were involved or anything medical involved, in the incorrect tagged experiences
No my application has been verified for a while now
I don't think this is a critical mistake, in light of your answers, or that a correction is mandatory to your success. It's not uncommon that entries might be labeled differently than the adcomm reading it would have chosen, but it sounds like yours will be looked at more as a typo rather than a mislabeling.

You may already have passed the point where a correction is possible through Secondaries. I understand though that your stress will be significantly reduced if you can put this behind you. Some schools are very welcoming of updates (per their websites) or accept them whenever, and those you can send a brief emailed note. For the others you'll have to decide if it's worth calling a busy admissions office to ask for permission to send a correction that would be added to your file. If you can't tell, I don't think you need to do that.

I don't think this is a critical mistake, in light of your answers, or that a correction is mandatory to your success. It's not uncommon that entries might be labeled differently than the adcomm reading it would have chosen, but it sounds like yours will be looked at more as a typo rather than a mislabeling.

You may already have passed the point where a correction is possible through Secondaries. I understand though that your stress will be significantly reduced if you can put this behind you. Some schools are very welcoming of updates (per their websites) or accept them whenever, and those you can send a brief emailed note. For the others you'll have to decide if it's worth calling a busy admissions office to ask for permission to send a correction that would be added to your file. If you can't tell, I don't think you need to do that.

Thank you for the response. Do you mean that I can mention that on the secondary applications where it says "Is there anything else you like to mention that is not already on your AMCAS app"?