Mississippi/Alabama Schools 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dgeazy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to make a thread for students applying to Alabama and Mississippi schools this cycle!
I've submitted my applications to UMMC in Jackson and will soon be submitting my applications to USA, UAB and William Carey.

Anyone gotten interviews, offers, etc.?

EDIT: also my stats

University: Ole Miss

Major: Exercise Science

Overall GPA: 3.69

Pre-Req GPA: 3.74-3.82
(Depending on the school)

GRE: V 155 Q 145 AW 3.5 (unfortunately)

Extra-Curric: Assisted PhD student candidate with data collection in research project.
Currently conducting individual research project within Exercise Psychology Lab.
Honors College student at CC.
Honors College mentor at CC.
Phi Theta Kappa Member at CC.
Phi Theta Kappa Officer at CC.
Certified Personal Trainer

Awards: Community College Excellence I & II scholarships (Ole Miss)
Phi Theta Kappa scholarship (Ole Miss)
Chancellor's Honor Roll (Ole Miss)
Honors Scholarship (CC)
ACT Scholarship (CC)
Vice Principal's List (CC)

Observation: 152 total hours; settings include:
Inpatient
Outpatient
Neuro and Vestibular
Pediatrics
Private practice (general, neuro, and sports)

Rec's: 2 PT's,
1 Assistant Professor (Physiology)
1 Kinesiology Professor

Volunteer: Volunteer at 5K event for organ donation awareness
Volunteer at Read Across America event for youth literacy awareness
Volunteer at Halloween event for local elementary schools
Volunteer at Special Olympics event at school

Applications: UTSA, TX State, Univ. Tennessee Chattanooga, UMMC, Belmont U, USF, UAB, USA, Arkansas State, William Carey

Acceptances:
Waitlist: UT Chatt
Rejections: TX State
Interviews: Belmont (possible second round)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Update: received interview invites from UMMC and UAB!

@dgeazy Hi, I saw that you applied to William Carey University. I noticed on their website that they don't hold interviews. Do you know if they have already filled all of their spots for the next class?

I only ask, because I was going to apply to another college that didn't have interviews, but well before the deadline they already filled all of the spots from the early application deadline.

I would appreciate any feedback you have, thanks!

I actually talked with one of their admissions people! They value their admission essay as an interview. From what I know they don’t start filling their class spots until the deadline has passed.

@dgeazy Hi, I saw that you applied to William Carey University. I noticed on their website that they don't hold interviews. Do you know if they have already filled all of their spots for the next class?

I only ask, because I was going to apply to another college that didn't have interviews, but well before the deadline they already filled all of the spots from the early application deadline.

I would appreciate any feedback you have, thanks!