This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScyIce

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to 26 schools and sorted all the secondary invites into a separate email folder so I could see which schools I needed to actually do. I was completely overwhelmed in July by secondary invites so I tried my best to find and write the ones that were due first (which ended up being the 3 UC schools I applied to).

I submitted two of them on-time, but now as I'm finishing up the last of my secondaries (yeah I'm really slow, I know), I freaked out when I found a UCSF invite dated 7/27 with a deadline of 4 weeks. It's 9/4.

Should I even bother submitting a secondary and just withdraw my app? If there's no chance my secondary even gets considered, I'm going to use the $80 for another school.

Just looking to see if anyone has ever been in the same situation. I personally don't think UCSF will be too lenient, given that an easy way to weed out applicant is to see which ones are actually on time :(

Thanks everyone :\

Members don't see this ad.

If I were you, I would email them. Also I would still submit it because you never know if they’d let you slide. A small chance is better than not submitting and having no chance at the school.

Are your stats and ECS UCSF caliber?

I think so. LizzyM 70.5 and UCSF was on my list of schools I should apply to.

515, 3.66 (chemical engineering was a great decision), pretty strong volunteering and ECs, wish I had a bit more clinical shadowing but too late to mourn now.

If I were you, I would email them. Also I would still submit it because you never know if they’d let you slide. A small chance is better than not submitting and having no chance at the school.

I'm afraid that drawing attention to it may be a bad thing, but on the flip side owning up to it definitely shows character. I'm split honestly.

You are unlikely to somehow be rejected based on a secondary submitted past deadline

Submitting it today then. Thanks guys!