Miserable DPMs???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Repeat post

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
These young disrespectful pukes will find out the hard way that the professional world has little patience for their antics and that there are consequences for their poor behavior. They will get put in their place eventually.

They typically don't end up going very far in life and pod school was the highlight of their existance.

If they were wise, they'd listen and take heed to PADPM and many others who are telling you the truth and your future reality.

The older guys by and large deserve more respect and this nonsense that their training was inferior is complete BS.

Most were trained very very well and BTW, who do you think you will be working for and who is paying them fancy salaries?

Good luck to the disrespectful punks, getting a job can be a difficult thing if you're a punk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whiskers, obviously as a senior member you "understand".

To those that inquired about having ownership in surgical centers and/or providing PT in your offices, here are my answers:

1) In order to "buy in" to a surgical center, you will often have to prove to the existing share-holders that you can bring in enough work to be "worthy". You will then be offered shares of stock in the center. It is illegal to get paid as a percentage of the revenue YOU produce, so you are actually getting dividends on the entire production. The best time to really invest in these centers is day one, when they are first being built, though that is also the greatest risk.

2) Most of these centers will have a no-compete clause which means you may not be able to have ownership in another center within a certain geographic area (and why would you want to?)

3) Although many DPM's do provide PT in their offices, unless you are truly going to provide HIGH QUALITY PT, then I would not consider providing this service. If and when your office gets very big and very busy, then consider hiring a PT and providing these services. But in my opinion, we are NOT physical therapists, and providing half-ass PT is an insult to our patients and the PT profession. So when you get so busy and successful, then HIRE a PT and invest in your office and do it right or else refer to a PT and you'll receive referrals back from him/her.

And as far as today's "great" trained residents. Well, I haven't been so impressed. This past weekend I interviewed 5 residents from 36 month programs, and I gave them very academic interviews with case scenarios.

Not ONE of them "passed" my exam!!! Not ONE performed the surgery as I would expect or described the surgical procedure correctly, and not ONE could provide me with a thorough list of differential diagnoses and not ONE performed a thorough history and physical on the "mock" patient!!!

So, a lot of you MAY be able to physically perform a complicated surgery, but there is obviously a lot more to a surgery than the actual "mechanics", and that's been my point from my first post on this site.