Medical Misdemeanor Speeding Ticket - will this kill my ability to go to medical school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question

Member Question
Volunteer Staff
Reaction score
Hi all,

Months ago I received a speeding ticket for going >35 MPH. It was a bad speed. The reason for this is due to an emergency that was happening in the moment. I of course take full responsibility for it. I could go into more details if necessary but I have been worried for months now as I prepare to take the MCAT. I have been working very hard during my undergraduate career and now I fear I will am really going to be screened out of almost all medical schools due to what has happened. I have good stats and I feel a good application overall but I am just extremely concerned about this. I would love to have the best advice on how to go about this and if I am truly going to be out of any options for medicals/if at this point there's no way I'd get into medical schools. I also have had some past tickets but those were never misdemeanors. Please let me know. Thank you.

— Experts please respond to this post —

Members don't see this ad.

It's a misdemeanor speeding ticket. I don't think this is going to kill your app, though obviously if you were aiming for top-top schools where you're competing against other top applicants that could be the difference. If you apply to a good range of schools though you'll likely be fine.

Keep your explanation for this brief.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, everyone speeds. Not saying it’s right but it happens. The Adcom probably sped into the parking lot while rolling through the stop sign. Do not give more info than requested, be honest. Prosper.

Status
Not open for further replies.