Minor in possession and pharm school..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wildcat5206

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
About a couple years ago, when i was about 20, I got a minor in possession (got caught drinking alcohol) and I took a diversion class for it. i think the purpose of the diversion program was to keep it off my record. So I’m wondering if it will hurt my chances in getting into pharmacy school? will pharm schools find out about it? Another thing is that there is a website for public court information where u can type in first and last name and see court and ticket related stuff and if u type my name in i pop up. Oh and i live in Arizona.

your comments would be greatly appreciated..

Members don't see this ad.

MIP is no big deal, I have one and they never said anything about it but before I get my intern license this summer I have to talk to a member of the state board real quick so he an hear what I have to say about it. I think it best to be honest with them. If you have a pattern of substance problems then yes it will hurt you but one MIP is fine, it happens. I know people with minor in possession of marijuana and driving while intoxicated tickets in pharm school and with intern licenses.

so you think i should mention it on the pharm application? or just check "no" because i dont think it will be on my record since i took a diversion class. I think if i check yes it will hinder my chances.

You said in your post that your MIP does come up in searches. If that is the case, I would check yes and explain something like "I was immature and stupid, I know it was wrong...etc, etc."

If the schools find out you lied on your application, they can kick you out.