Minimum's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lastbastion

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats the absolute minimum of a GPA would you consider to apply with before considering a post-bacc? Is 3.5, 3.4, 3.3, 3.2, 3.1, 3.0??

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

The optimist side of me would say to apply with a minimum 3.0 GPA. However, the realist in me says there are many other factors to consider (MCAT, EC's, LORs, and PS). If you have a very strong application (in all other factors listed above), apply with a 3.0 GPA. Rock the interview and you may have a chance at some medical school in the US :)

To answer your question, if the rest of my application was outstanding, I would apply with a minimum 3.0 GPA. But, I would probably do a postbac the fall semester after I initially applied (and retake the MCAT, if I needed to), so that I could increase my chances on the next application cycle.

I agree. I really don't think applicants should apply with anything less than a 3.0. I think it would definetely be an uphill battle even then. 3.3 to 3.4 is right about average so I would absolutely apply if your gpa is around that gpa range.

It is really hard to make a determination about applying using only GPA. There are too many other factors to be included in your application.