Mini-publications for derm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davut22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a radiology resident. In diagnostic radiology, we have these websites such as "RSNA Case Collection" and "Case in Point" where medical students and residents publish an interesting case (that is not generally case report worthy) and get a DOI number and a line to add to their CV. These are not published in PubMed or anything like that. Question: A few friends asked me if dermatology has similar websites/databases where one can post an interesting case (not a journal per see) and get a DOI number out of it and a little something for your CV.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Cutis and JAAD case reports can get publications pretty quick. No substitute for real publications and reviewers know BS when they see it. One or two is okay, but more than that it looks worse IMO

as a resident I helped a med student get published in consultant 360. there are also open journals pay to play lol. they're kind of filler nothings so i agree with above poster just one or two