All Branch Topic (ABT) MilMed - Civilian Partnerships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

militaryPHYS

Ortho Staff
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
https://health.mil/News/Articles/20...vilian-hospitals-to-sustain-medical-readiness

I'd really like to see the MOU for the details on this. Anyone have eyes on?

Another article states "The Army Medical Command covers the salaries and lodging expenses of participating soldiers, with little or no cost to the program’s civilian hospitals."

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds similar to what the Navy does at Navy Trauma Training Center in Los Angeles. I think there was also some Navy training in Chicago as well that had a similar flavor.

Sounds similar to what the Navy does at Navy Trauma Training Center in Los Angeles. I think there was also some Navy training in Chicago as well that had a similar flavor.

In concept the difference between this AMTC3 arrangement and the current Navy Trauma Training Center at LA County (or Army Trauma Training Center at Ryder in Miami) is that the members of the team will integrate into the systems/groups at Cooper and OHSU (and likely Atrium Health/Carolinas Medical Center). Instead of going for 3-4 weeks as pre-deployment training, teams will PCS to these locations and become part of the system. How this plays out in practice.....we'll see.

I wish I had access to the MOU.

Also the set-up for the NTTC in LAC is actually pretty great. Made me wish I was in the Navy for about 10 seconds.

Reactions: 1 user