Military transcript issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

racerx

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a bit confused regarding how I will go about adding the information from my AARTS transcript on both the AMCAS and AACOMAS apps. The AARTS transcript shows "suggested" credits, like "3 credits in Field Management." For the school, do I simply put U.S. Army? Do I add every suggested credit and use the suggested name as the course name? Also, how do I assign course numbers?

Oh man, I am at a loss! :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

racerx said:
Hi all,

I am a bit confused regarding how I will go about adding the information from my AARTS transcript on both the AMCAS and AACOMAS apps. The AARTS transcript shows "suggested" credits, like "3 credits in Field Management." For the school, do I simply put U.S. Army? Do I add every suggested credit and use the suggested name as the course name? Also, how do I assign course numbers?

I used my college credit only.....even though I have credit that I possibly could have used from my military training. Will this be on your Bachelor's degree transcript? I received an associate degree from Community College of the Air Force relating to my career field, but I didn't list it b/c it isn't really applicable. At least that's what I did

racerx said:
Hi all,

When I included my Army courses on the AMCAS application, I didn't assign any credits and marked them as "Unverifiable" or something like that. My feeling at the time was that schools would only care about my UG and Post-bacc grades GPA, but it was important to show I had taken the courses. All my courses were done at Ft. Sam Houston, so I listed the schoolhouse as "U.S. Army Academy of Health Sciences." For course numbers, I just used the ATRRS number. Also, go back an take a look at the AMCAS instructions as I seem to recall there being a blurb in there about how to deal with military courses.

Hope this helps,

Members don't see this ad :)
O.K., once I got my head out of my @$$...

Per the instructions from AMCAS:

AARTS Transcript Available
If a transcript is not available directly from the school, but an AARTS transcript is available:
Include the military school or program in your list of colleges attended.
n Include "AARTS" in your list of colleges attended (indicate Kansas as the
state, choose "unidentified" and modify the printed name of the school to
read "AARTS").
n Request a transcript exception for the military school and indicate
"AARTS" as the name of the institution on whose transcript credits will
appear.
n Enter course data as it appears on the AARTS transcript.
n Indicate "Pass/Fail" as the Course Type and select "P" as the AMCAS
grade. AMCAS will not include this course work in AMCAS GPAs;
however, AMCAS will include this course work in cumulative Pass/Fail-
Pass credit hour totals.
These transcripts may be obtained by writing to: AARTS Operations Center,
415 McPherson Avenue; Ft. Leavenworth, KS 66027-1373. AARTS may also
be contacted by phone at (913) 684-9480, or via e-mail at
[email protected] Note: This is the only transcript available for
courses completed at the U.S. Army Academy of Health Sciences, Fr. Sam
Houston, TX.

Yup that is what I remember reading. Also to the poster that did not include military credits...I hope your application was or will get processed. AMCAS explicitly states that it must be included. A good friend of mine now at UHSUHS attempted that and almost did not get processed...had to send in everything fedex.