All Branch Topic (ABT) Military HPSP 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Your recruiter needs to have his CO take it across at that level

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll make that recommendation. Thank you for the input.

I applied for Air Force HPSP, but had to submit an Exception to Policy due to MCAT reason. I have already been accepted to medical school and my ETP has been approved. I'm currently waiting on final application approval. Anyone have any idea how long this may take? My ETP was approved approximately 1 month ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m not HPSP, but I’m a current M1 doing the ECP for medical students through the Air National Guard. I’ve been working with the recruiter for a year now, and finally this week I should be getting commissioned. Thing is, all the COT class dates this summer are now full because it took so long for my package to go through (literally every single step of this process has had something go wrong with it that was outside my control, I swear I’m not leaving it to the last minute on purpose). Does anyone know if they allow student overages for COT? I’m sort of freaking out, cause I need to go to COT within one year of commissioning, and while I’d be authorized to do RCOT (2 weeks), I don’t think I can afford to take 2 weeks off in M2. MAYBE M3 if I get creative with scheduling and my school works with me (which they will, they’re definitely promilitary). Also, I heard that COT is being combined with TOFT and they want to make it 8 weeks?! Where the hell would any medical student find 8 weeks to take off for training?! I’m trying to find more information about it but other than a vague announcement I’ve not seen anything detailing how it would work for HPSP/other medical students. Sorry for the wall of text, but this is causing me a not insignificant amount of anxiety.

Hmm, worth applying for HPSP US Air Force if I’m interested in Aerospace Medicine fellowship (after psych residency)? There are civilian options for the Aerospace Medicine residency, but some older threads recommend going through the Air Force to get that flight experience.

I think my eyesight/height disqualify me from being an astronaut, tho...

Edit: Just found out about the eight year service requirement. No thanks!

Last edited:
Anyone have any information on when the Air Force board will be meeting to approve applications? I was told 2-3 weeks about 2 weeks ago, and I'm just ready to know. I also would like to know when I should quit my job and so I can plan financially for med school this summer.

Finally received my medical waiver last week after clearing MEPS in January and getting retroactively DQed a week later. (Recruiter says they have no idea what happened, always good to hear...)

My completed AF application is now in and I'm matrix qualified. My recruiter seems to think we're out of the woods, but I'm worried something else is going to go wrong since that seems to be the running theme. Any advice/am I too late at this point?

Finally received my medical waiver last week after clearing MEPS in January and getting retroactively DQed a week later. (Recruiter says they have no idea what happened, always good to hear...)

My completed AF application is now in and I'm matrix qualified. My recruiter seems to think we're out of the woods, but I'm worried something else is going to go wrong since that seems to be the running theme. Any advice/am I too late at this point?

Recruiters know more about the process than we do man. Mine re-assured me that although things were moving slow (I started in like September and was finally selected last month) I would be accepted as long as we had everything done by late May.

Recruiters know more about the process than we do man. Mine re-assured me that although things were moving slow (I started in like September and was finally selected last month) I would be accepted as long as we had everything done by late May.
That’s what I’ve been trying to convince myself, it’s helpful to hear it from someone else! Here’s hoping

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else been accepted with an allergy? I was prescribed an epi pen for a pineapple "allergy" than an allergist then tested me for with a skin test and it was negative? The prescription was mainly a precaution... I'm applying rn for Army HPSP.