Midwestern University in Downers Grove, IL interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I Just wanna be a PT

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I recently scored an interview with Midwestern University in Downers Grove! Can anyone who has had an interview here explain to me what the process is like and what types of questions are asked?

Thank you,

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I interviewed there last month.

The interview process takes about half a day. There were 11 other applicants when I arrived. We were given a writing prompt and expected to finish it within 30 minutes. It was super easy (nothing to stress yourself with). Just make sure you brainstorm ideas before tackling it. You really want to stand out with this since Midwestern does a blind interview process- meaning the interviewers don’t look at your application. The only thing they know about you is what you write in the writing sample.

After the writing sample, the program director gave a presentation about Midwestern and the PT program itself.

Next, every applicant gets 15 minutes with 2 program specific faculty. In my batch, the rest of us played games while waiting for our turn. I highly recommend doing that. It really calmed me before I gave my interview. The interview was not bad at all. It was more like a conversation. Every applicant got asked different set of questions. I was asked: tell me about yourself, why the career change, compare and contrast different PT settings, what qualities do I think is important for PT, what’s the definition of PT, etc. pretty straightforward. Nothing out of the ordinary.

After the interview, couple current PT students take you on a tour and you get free lunch.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I interviewed there last month.

The interview process takes about half a day. There were 11 other applicants when I arrived. We were given a writing prompt and expected to finish it within 30 minutes. It was super easy (nothing to stress yourself with). Just make sure you brainstorm ideas before tackling it. You really want to stand out with this since Midwestern does a blind interview process- meaning the interviewers don’t look at your application. The only thing they know about you is what you write in the writing sample.

After the writing sample, the program director gave a presentation about Midwestern and the PT program itself.

Next, every applicant gets 15 minutes with 2 program specific faculty. In my batch, the rest of us played games while waiting for our turn. I highly recommend doing that. It really calmed me before I gave my interview. The interview was not bad at all. It was more like a conversation. Every applicant got asked different set of questions. I was asked: tell me about yourself, why the career change, compare and contrast different PT settings, what qualities do I think is important for PT, what’s the definition of PT, etc. pretty straightforward. Nothing out of the ordinary.

After the interview, couple current PT students take you on a tour and you get free lunch.

Thank you so much! Do you mind telling me what the writing prompt was?

I heard they change the prompt with every set of interviews. Since all the applicants during my interview process applied as an early decision candidate, the admission committee knew MWU was our first choice. Our prompt asked why MWU was our first choice. I answered that question of what made Midwestern unique compared to other programs

Thank you so much! Do you mind telling me what the writing prompt was?

Reactions: 1 user