Program-Specific Info / Q's Midwestern (Glendale, AZ)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rc6

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any of you been accepted to MWU or on the alternate list? Are they now finished with interviews?

I have been placed on the wait list, and I know it is not ranked. I'm wondering when they will begin contacting candidates from the wait list. Does anyone have any updates?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm waiting to hear too! I don't think it will change my decision much, but it would still be nice to know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!

Does anyone know whether they require the GRE?

Hello!

Does anyone know whether they require the GRE?

No they dont. The GRE is not a good predictor of Grad school success anyway. I did not do very good on the GRE and am almost done with an MOT program. Good Luck.

Reactions: 1 user
No they dont. The GRE is not a good predictor of Grad school success anyway. I did not do very good on the GRE and am almost done with an MOT program. Good Luck.

Thanks! Where are you doing your MOT at?

@otsomeday Do you know the likelihood of getting a call in August? I know the class is full, but wonder what the possibility of a spot opening up in August.

@otsomeday Do you know the likelihood of getting a call in August? I know the class is full, but wonder what the possibility of a spot opening up in August.

In my experience with my class and the class after mine, at least 1 or 2 spots opened up in august and as late as orientation week due to people and last second decision deciding not to come for whatever reason. So I would say at least a few people will get called in August.

In my experience with my class and the class after mine, at least 1 or 2 spots opened up in august and as late as orientation week due to people and last second decision deciding not to come for whatever reason. So I would say at least a few people will get called in August.
I want to apply to Midwestern Occupational Therapy Program however I'm having mixed emotions since I have medicore grade point average. I'm ashamed to say this will be second time applying to occupaitonal therapy school. The application process is tedious. Let me tell you a little about myself first. I graduated form Wichita State University with a bachelors in health service management. I graduated with a 2.77 grade point average. I've done outstanding in my pereqs so far. I have 63 hours in obersvation hours in four different settings. I've worked with children since 2004. I worked with children with special needs since 2012. I recently just accepted a job at a hospital. I also took a CNA course and I just have to take the test. In the fall I will take a CMA course. I will have 5 letter of recommendations.
The classes I'm taking now
Abnormal pyschology
Consumer health
Commiucable diseases
Prevention Injuries
Fall Classes
Motor Behavior
Cognitive pyschology
Child pyschology
Principles of nutrition
life span nutrition

Do you think I have a chance if I apply

I want to apply to Midwestern Occupational Therapy Program however I'm having mixed emotions since I have medicore grade point average. I'm ashamed to say this will be second time applying to occupaitonal therapy school. The application process is tedious. Let me tell you a little about myself first. I graduated form Wichita State University with a bachelors in health service management. I graduated with a 2.77 grade point average. I've done outstanding in my pereqs so far. I have 63 hours in obersvation hours in four different settings. I've worked with children since 2004. I worked with children with special needs since 2012. I recently just accepted a job at a hospital. I also took a CNA course and I just have to take the test. In the fall I will take a CMA course. I will have 5 letter of recommendations.
The classes I'm taking now
Abnormal pyschology
Consumer health
Commiucable diseases
Prevention Injuries
Fall Classes
Motor Behavior
Cognitive pyschology
Child pyschology
Principles of nutrition
life span nutrition

Do you think I have a chance if I apply

Definitely re-apply. I did not get accepted into a school my first year of applying and going on interviews. I kept on working full-time while adding additional observation hours in different areas in the mean time to strengthen my application. My GPA was around 3.3ish cumulative.