Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2018)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations to all that have been recently accepted. Don't forget to join the class of 2018 Facebook group.

Members don't see this ad.

I have been accepted as well! Congrats to all accepted :)

Anyone who was placed on the alternate list has been accepted yet ? Many congrats who have been accepted already !

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who was placed on the alternate list has been accepted yet ? Many congrats who have been accepted already !

I was placed on the waitlist and I still have not heard anything

Hi everyone, I was accepted on 1/17 and interview on 12/13. I am withdrawing my application for an offer at another school. Good luck to everyone still waiting and hope me giving my spot helps.

Im on the alt list too but looks like their taking forever to get back to us, but I doubt this list will work because I think their are hundreds of students on the alt list so chances look like they are low low. But I got my hopes up and waiting!!! when did u interview. i interviewed oct 25th and on the list since then!!!

Im on the alt list too but looks like their taking forever to get back to us, but I doubt this list will work because I think their are hundreds of students on the alt list so chances look like they are low low. But I got my hopes up and waiting!!! when did u interview. i interviewed oct 25th and on the list since then!!!

interviewed Oct 18 also been on the waitlist since then. I am hoping that we hear after all their initial interviews are done so maybe like March ish

had an interview on the 24th, looks like I got denied.

"communication and articulation issues", don't be nervous during the interview I guess

Good luck to the rest of you

What does that mean? Basically it was just the way the interview went or were there other issues? Like you not reporting something to them.

Has anyone been accepted yet after being placed on the alternate list??

Is anyone else interviewing Feb 14th? I feel like I am being interviewed pretty late I am worried that I have a lesser chance of getting in.
i'm going on the 14th too!
^ I interviewed on 2/14 too. Got an email today that I got accepted. I didn't expect 1 week turnaround. So happy right now! I thought I bombed my interview because I was sick & sleepy from my meds. I was really out of it.

Members don't see this ad :)
^ I interviewed on 2/14 too. Got an email today that I got accepted. I didn't expect 1 week turnaround. So happy right now! I thought I bombed my interview because I was sick & sleepy from my meds. I was really out of it.

Interviewed on 2/14 as well, just got the acceptance letter today. :heckyeah::heckyeah::heckyeah: Congrats!

Interviewed on 02/12 and got an acceptance letter today! Good luck to everyone else applying!

Congratulations..... I look forward to meeting you all in August...... Don't forget about our class Facebook page.

anyone know if midwestern requires both a background check and drug screen or just background check because pharmcas says that they only require a background screen.

I am accepted into my instate school, so I will give up my spot. Honestly, I so love Midwestern CCP campus and the staff here. But staying home fits me better.

anyone know if midwestern requires both a background check and drug screen or just background check because pharmcas says that they only require a background screen.

I believe it's just the background check, and then you have to sign some "drug-free campus" sheet or something. At least that's all I've been able to find on that. I did my background check a couple months back, and haven't heard anything about a drug test. So I think it's just the background check.

Also, congrats to those accepted! I look forward to meeting you all. :)

I received both the background check and drug screen emails in a row. I thought they were duplicates but realized later that the second one was for the drug screen. I had it done, but I believe pharmcas sends them when you receive an acceptance, so maybe it doesn't take into account whether or not the school requires it.

I received both the background check and drug screen emails in a row. I thought they were duplicates but realized later that the second one was for the drug screen. I had it done, but I believe pharmcas sends them when you receive an acceptance, so maybe it doesn't take into account whether or not the school requires it.
I did the background check, but don't want to waste $60 on the drug screen if its not needed

Those with upcoming interviews especially tomorrow, Wed Jan 29: DRESS WARM!

See you candidates tomorrow :) I'll be one of the student ambassadors providing you the tour and answering any questions you have (in person; you can always ask questions here)

If you've been accepted, join the FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MWUCCP2018/
If you don't get accepted within 24 hrs, send the admin (me) a FB message

Interviewed on 2/12 and received acceptance email yesterday, and need some serious, informative suggestion now especially from current students.

My biggest concern about going to Midwestern CCP is financial issues, so I want to know something about the

1. Approximately how much scholarship an top 10% student can get? I know this is a hard question, because scholarship depends on not only academic performance but also on community service, leadership etc. Just give me some general idea.

2. How is the availability of on campus work opportunity, such as doing research in faculties lab? How many hour per week? and what is the pay-rate?

Thank you in advance.

Anyone interviewing on March 14? Its my first interview and Im so nervousssss

I understand it's a group interview.. Anyone have a hint of what types of questions I should review? Are they the basics, why pharmacy, etc. or is it more situational? Never had a group interview before..interview next week..

Anyone interviewing on March 14? Its my first interview and Im so nervousssss

Don't be nervous at all. It was my first interview too but they were extremely nice. They can tell you're nervous, and try to make you feel better. It's a group interview so there are others there with you. Wish you the best :)

I understand it's a group interview.. Anyone have a hint of what types of questions I should review? Are they the basics, why pharmacy, etc. or is it more situational? Never had a group interview before..interview next week..

You don't have to review. It's really general questions. Yes, they could ask you why you chose pharmacy or something along those lines. None of the questions should shock you or be hard to answer though.

Hello all,
I have an interview coming up on the 14th ...just looking for some recent pointers and also should I bring a resume with me or is that not required? As always SDN, thanks.in advance and I appreciate it greatly.

Hi everyone!

Just recieved an invite to interview on either march 14th or april 2nd. I'm leaning towards april 2nd because 14th is too soon for me. I'm from Cali and I don't know if I have enough time to book a flight, hotel and prepare for the interview. I don't want to be rushing this interview. This is my second time applying and getting an interview. I hope this time I get accepted. Anyone on the same boat as me? Anyone have an advice on how I can increase my chances this year? And is anyone interviewing on the 2nd as well?

Hello all,
I have an interview coming up on the 14th ...just looking for some recent pointers and also should I bring a resume with me or is that not required? As always SDN, thanks.in advance and I appreciate it greatly.

Just be yourself. The questions are really basic. No, you don't need to bring a resume. Wish you the best!

Hi everyone!

Just recieved an invite to interview on either march 14th or april 2nd. I'm leaning towards april 2nd because 14th is too soon for me. I'm from Cali and I don't know if I have enough time to book a flight, hotel and prepare for the interview. I don't want to be rushing this interview. This is my second time applying and getting an interview. I hope this time I get accepted. Anyone on the same boat as me? Anyone have an advice on how I can increase my chances this year? And is anyone interviewing on the 2nd as well?

Were you wait listed the first time? I assume if you got another interview, you did something to make your application better. Just do your best on the interview, and hope for the best :)

Were you wait listed the first time? I assume if you got another interview, you did something to make your application better. Just do your best on the interview, and hope for the best :)

Yes I was waitlisted. Thank u

How is the group interview conducted ?? Do they pinpoint an individual and ask him questions ??

How is the group interview conducted ?? Do they pinpoint an individual and ask him questions ??

During mine, they asked the question and we all went around and answered them. Then after the last person answered, we moved on to the next question.

During mine, they asked the question and we all went around and answered them. Then after the last person answered, we moved on to the next question.

How long did it take them to notify you of your acceptance, after the interview ?

What were your stats if you dont mind sharing ?

1)I understand it's a group interview.. Anyone have a hint of what types of questions I should review?
- Yes, pretty much the basics. Why pharmacy? Leadership/extracurricular, where you see pharmacy in the next couple years, your strengths and weakness, etc.
-Know yourself, know your resume and be able to cite examples. "I am a strong leader, for example...."
-You can review the sdn interview section for sample questions.

2)How is the group interview conducted ?? Do they pinpoint an individual and ask him questions
- Firstly and most importantly, its closed file. The interviewers don't know anything about you including your grades. This can work to your advantage or disadvantage depending on how you present yourself.
-The question is asked and everyone takes turns answering it. No one is pinpointed at. Also if someone says something that you feel you wanted to say..its very okay. You can piggyback and expand on it, but don't do so for every question.

3)How long did it take to hear back? About 10 days.

Be yourself. Smile and good luck!

So my interview was Feb.26th, and it was a really simple interview. They asked about leadership, how you work in groups and group interaction, why pharmacy, and pharmacy experience. There were only I think 5/6 questions and my group was a group of 4. You also have to write a paper, but I forgot what the topic was maybe cheating?

Good luck!

Just got accepted this morning! Can't decide where to go now :unsure:

I was just recently accepted and am 99% sure I will be attending here this Fall. Does anybody know the deadline any pre-req courses have to be completed by? I still need to take calculus and am wondering how quick I should have it done by ?

I was just recently accepted and am 99% sure I will be attending here this Fall. Does anybody know the deadline any pre-req courses have to be completed by? I still need to take calculus and am wondering how quick I should have it done by ?

I was under the impression that all pre reqs must be completed by the end of the spring semester before you enter in the fall. Call and see if they accept summer courses for the pre reqs. They are really friendly when you call

When was your interview?