Midwestern, CCP (c/o 2017)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i submitted mine on the 7th and I haven't heared anything as well :(

Members don't see this ad.

When did you submit your supplemental app??

I submitted my supplemental on August 20th and got an interview invitation on September 7th. Did you ever receive an email saying they had all of your documents?

I submitted my supplemental on August 20th and got an interview invitation on September 7th. Did you ever receive an email saying they had all of your documents?
Yes, I did get that e-mail. Guess I'm just waiting for the next e-mail which will either say I have an interview invitation or a rejection, which is why I was wondering if people who received interview dates sent in their supp app well before me.

Members don't see this ad :)
any one know the area in student doctor where they post interview questions? or guides for the interviews? Ill see you all october 10 for the interviews!

Finally, an interview invite for Oct 26th.

I was going to message you but I am unable to. Could you please shoot me a message? I have a few questions about MWU CCP! :) Thanks!
Is it something that needs to be private? I only ask because I only disabled private messaging because last year a bunch of people just asked me for my gpa stats and questions I felt everyone could benefit from them. I didn't exactly know why it had to be private.

I'll send you a message sometime later today after classes.

Congrats guys! Are you guys from the area or flying? I am from San Diego so trying to see what the best way is.
Yay San Diego :)

Oh gosh, I am so close to finishing my P.S. and then I can submit. I feel so behind! MWU is my first choice :) Anyone think October 10th is a weird date to have an interview, since it's a Wednesday? I hope they put some Friday dates up so I don't have to miss classes
All future interview dates are on Wednesdays... weird and inconvenient I know :(

Welcome Class of 2017 applicants!! I'm a PS-1 and we just finished our first week of class. It wasn't too long ago that I was in your shoes! i'm loving my time at CCP so far. feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer them!
HEY THERE PS-1! :) Goodluck on your biochem exam tomorrow :luck:

Does anyone know how many students they typically interview/accept at CCP?
Class of 2015 has a class size of 217, Class of 2016 is a class of 214 I believe?

So... CCP interviews/accepts at LEAST 200 students :)

Has anyone heared anything about interviews? I submitted my supp app on the 7th and haven't gotten anything yet..getting kind of worried

Has anyone heared anything about interviews? I submitted my supp app on the 7th and haven't gotten anything yet..getting kind of worried
i sent in my supplemental apps around that time and received the interview e-mail on the 22nd. It looks like the interview dates for now are sept 28, oct 10, and oct 26th

thanks for the reply RxDoc90, I sent my supplemental on Sept 7th, so it's been two weeks alrdy and I haven't heared anything yet.

I submitted my supplemental on September 12 and have not heard anything regarding an interview. I just received an email on the 13th saying that my application is complete.

I
Class of 2015 has a class size of 217, Class of 2016 is a class of 214 I believe?

So... CCP interviews/accepts at LEAST 200 students :)
Hi jkong and everyone I'm a PSI and class of 2016 is also 217 students lol that must be a favorite number of MWU or something its kind of odd haha

last year I took my PCAT in September, submitted application in October, the supplement in November got an interview in December so don't worry MWU interviews I believe all the way until May? Good luck to everyone going to the October interview, my interview experience was pretty good I was so nervous on interview day and its a group interview so that didn't help, but the staff and everyone is really nice plus I had a great group so I started to relax as the interview proceed :D

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the reply RxDoc90, I sent my supplemental on Sept 7th, so it's been two weeks alrdy and I haven't heared anything yet.
i wouldn't worry too much about it. You're application is most likely in consideration since you haven't received a rejection letter, which is a good thing :)

I submitted my supplemental on September 12 and have not heard anything regarding an interview. I just received an email on the 13th saying that my application is complete.

i submitted everything in earlyyyy september and got the all doc. received letter on sept. 8th. than i heard back on the 18th. so be patient. and stay positive!! im sure its because they have so many people interviewing and want to wait a bit to open up more dates.

My guess on interview dates... :whistle:

Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Friday, October 26, 2012
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Wednesday, November 14, 201
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Friday, January 11, 2013
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Friday, February, 1, 2013
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Friday, February 15, 2013
Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Friday, October 26, 2012
Friday, January 11, 2013

lol I will assume this is somewhat official since you're an "insider?"

Does anyone know how long we have to accept a seat if offered after interviews?

Hey guys! I just got an interview invite for October 26, but it is really inconvenient for me. Does anyone know or can comment (maybe Jkong) how hard or easy it is to try to switch interview dates?? I will be flying from California. I am concerned because I don't want to give an initial bad impression by wanting to change my interview date.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I just got an interview invite for October 26, but it is really inconvenient for me. Does anyone know or can comment (maybe Jkong) how hard or easy it is to try to switch interview dates?? I will be flying from California. I am concerned because I don't want to give an initial bad impression by wanting to change my interview date.

Same boat :( I just got an interview for 26th, but I was hoping it would be later. I was thinking to call to see if they gave the option to switch days.

It's nerve wrecking. On the interview website it says if you cannot make it on the following days, you will be notified when further dates become available. I am not sure if there is a chance they will unselect us if we try to change it.

It's nerve wrecking. On the interview website it says if you cannot make it on the following days, you will be notified when further dates become available. I am not sure if there is a chance they will unselect us if we try to change it.

haha, they are not that mean. I am sure the AdCom will understand switching to a later date as things do arise unexpectedly.

Same boat :( I just got an interview for 26th, but I was hoping it would be later. I was thinking to call to see if they gave the option to switch days.

aww you're going to miss out! i signed up to have lunch and give the interviewees a tour of the campus that day :D

Friday, October 26, 2012
Friday, January 11, 2013

you are such a great applicant helper :p. i know you btw! haha

haha, they are not that mean. I am sure the AdCom will understand switching to a later date as things do arise unexpectedly.

Thank you! I emailed admissions today so hopefully it will work out.

For those who interviewed on the 28th have any of you heard back? Or can talk about it?

Can anyone tell me more information about how the interviews work here? I know it's a group interview but is it a free for all or do they ask ordered questions? Since it's a group interview, I assume it's closed file, because they wouldn't target you in front of everyone would they?

is anyone interviewing on October 26th. anyone have suggestions on hotel accommodations?

Anyone from Chicago or in general Illinois get an interview?? Judging by this thread, everyone is from out of state...

Im live in Chicago, but I moved here from California 2 years ago. :)

i know that midwestern does things pretty quickly its not too late if my pharmcas hasn't sent my app yet right? its still calculating my gpa!

Good Luck on your interviews everyone!!! ill see you in 9 hours!!!

anyone flying in from arizona for the oct.26th interview?!

how was everyones interview today? anybody?

Interview went okay; all the questions were pretty straightforward! :) I hope everyone did well and stayed warm! Good luck!

Nice!!! I hope we all get in!!! Which group were u in?

What did you guys think of the interview? I thought it went well, hopefully they learned enough about us through our interview and our application to make the admissions decision we all want to hear!

For those who had the interview already, about what time did you all get to leave? From the email I know they said around 1:00 PM but I'm sure that's just an estimate.

Good luck by the way, everyone. I'll see some of you Oct 26th...it's getting close. :)

For those who had the interview already, about what time did you all get to leave? From the email I know they said around 1:00 PM but I'm sure that's just an estimate.

Good luck by the way, everyone. I'll see some of you Oct 26th...it's getting close. :)
You could leave by 12, after the financial aid presentation and closing statement by the admission counselor. I stayed around for the optional student-led campus tour and lunch and left the campus around 1:15pm.

Cool!! I was in group 4. I hope we all get in!!! I keep checking the portal like crazy!!

Cool!! I was in group 4. I hope we all get in!!! I keep checking the portal like crazy!!

I remember you! :D I absolutely loved our group for the interview. It was so interesting hearing everyone's story and motivation, including our two interviewers.

They said the AdCom only meets once a month, so I'm assuming they wouldn't meet until after the Oct 26th interview? What do you think? :xf:

Last edited:
I remember you! :D I absolutely loved our group for the interview. It was so interesting hearing everyone's story and motivation, including our two interviewers.

They said the AdCom only meets once a month, so I'm assuming they wouldn't meet until after the Oct 26th interview? What do you think? :xf:

Hey!! I remember you too!! Haha I was the only Asian guy in our group. Hehe I've been reading a lot from the 2016 class and they usually check the portals and find out within 5 days. Especially This early. The second interview date people hear back within 2 weeks. I don't think I did we'll on the interview I was so nervous!!! Good luck!!! I hope we all get in!! You did great!!!

Last edited:
I just took the pcat in September, so my scores are not in yet. For those who have gotten interview invites, fo you mind sharing your stats: gpas, pcat, and if you will have a bachelor degree?? Thank you!! I just want to get a feel for where I stand.

Anyone hear back yet? I'm so tired of checking the portal!! This wait is making me lose so much sleep!! :(

Anyone hear back yet? I'm so tired of checking the portal!! This wait is making me lose so much sleep!! :(

I Thought she said we would hear in 2 weeks from the interview on 10-10-12 so maybe 10-24 or end of month. I was in group 2 that day.

What's considered submitting application late for rolling admissions?

I don't think I can finish my apps til around mid november. Will that be too late or should I finish ASAP?

What's considered submitting application late for rolling admissions?

I don't think I can finish my apps til around mid november. Will that be too late or should I finish ASAP?
In my opinion, I would feel mid-Nov is late. I only say that because interviews have already begun and you want the best chances as possible :)

If say, they filled up their interview slots for the upcoming one, you still have more chances of the later interview dates. Submitting your application later diminishes your # of interview dates.

Hey, I just submitted my supplemental application today. Any idea how long it will take to hear back from them, and do you think I will receive an interview with these stats:

PharmCAS Calculated
Science - 2.52
Non-Science 3.47
Overall - 2.74

PCAT - Composite 85%

I am also finishing up a Master's in Pharmacology and Toxicology (Michigan State's College of Osteopathic Medicine). My MS GPA after this semester will be around a 3.0 (depends on how my final papers go)

I also have a TON of work experience, two mission trips, lots of extracurriculars, and shadowing experience.

Hi! I'm really interested in going to Midwestern University!

How do you like the university? From my research it seems like a nice place to live as well as a good pharmacy school.

My GPA is 3.11 and my PCAT is an 85. I've volunteered at 4 pharmacies (compound pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, Walgreens, and a private retail pharmacy) and I'm in many clubs, just no leadership positions. Do you think I have a chance?