Midwestern AZ MABS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dental0920

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went through a 9-month program in 2017, and I am currently a third-year dental student in a different state. Personally, I want to warn people who are considering applying to this program. First, the culture of the Midwestern AZ MA program is not very supportive of students who are struggling with their grades and is extremely unforgiving towards them, even if they improve their grades in future quarters. They do not treat you as a human, but rather as a study robot. Additionally, even if you meet the 3.0 GPA and DAT scores they require, you may not be accepted because the dental school dean has specific preferences for their dental school and may already have a preconceived notion that you belong in the lower tier of the master's class. I feel like they are extremely judgmental of people who do not fit into THEIR mold of personality and character, to the point where they are outright rude and make them feel worthless. They do not provide interview help to those people who apply after graduating from the program. I didn't realize how toxic this program was until I decided to pursue a degree at a different school and attend the dental school I am currently in. Even after 5-6 years and being in dental school, I still have nightmares about this program. My classmates there were extremely competitive and some sabotaged my self-esteem by acting like they were "above me" getting accepted to dental school before I did, while I was emotionally vulnerable, struggling in classes. If I could go back, I would not have attended this program and would have chosen a different school for my mental and physical well-being to pursue a Master's degree. I would never recommend this program to my friends and family. It is a significant risk in terms of time and money. Additionally, the dental school is not very accommodating to international students who come from different backgrounds in the Master's program. I would have considered a different MABS program to improve my grades or attended dental hygiene school. I am sharing this to express my feelings, and I know that many students have been mentally scarred by this program for all the wrong and unethical reasons. Please do not let them make you feel worthless or unintelligent, and do not waste your $50,000 here. The professors there may also criticize people who complain about this program on SDN, calling them "unprofessional." However, after experiencing different school programs, I have realized how terrible their culture and system are and that they need to change the way they support students during the interview process for the Master's program, including those considered "bottom-tier" students. They completely cut off students who seek extra advice or support if they don't get into dental school. It is inhumane and a scam for the people who do not get in.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.