Microsoft OneNote draining battery?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharkbyte

Take me to the top
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apologies that this question isn't directly related to anything medical but wanted to get some input from other people. I use OneNote to consolidate all my lectures (I'm an M2 and have been using this since the start of school). M1 year I created a new notebook for each class for each block and each lecture took up a tab. M2 year I make a notebook for each organ system with all the lectures taking up a tab.

I have had my laptop (2013 macbook pro) for a little over 4 years now and I have noticed that in the last year or so my laptop battery has been draining really really fast. Like, I'll charge it up to 100% and it will drain within an hour or hour and a half. I'm thinking maybe that OneNote might be the cause of this but I'm not entirely sure. Has anyone had a similar experience and if so, know any tips on how to fix this?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for apps that I can maybe use instead of OneNote? I figure I could just take notes on Word but I like having the notes right next to the slide. I guess maybe PPT is an option?

Members don't see this ad.

I also use OneNote and have battery issues. One thing that helps is turning off WiFi (after downloading lectures) so it's not syncing your changes every 2-3 changes