Michigan, Ohio, or Indiana?

dreast04

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are your opinions on Ohio, Michigan, and Indiana College of Optometry? In particular I am interested in the cities... do they have good night life? are they safe? what are the professors like? what are the students like? what are the optometry building(s) like? Is there a way around the steep tuition for Indiana and Ohio for out-of-staters? I have heard that Ohio is in a yucky city and the classes are in the basements, Indiana is impossible to pay for if your out of state, and Michigan is in a boring small town and everything is located in lightly renovated dorms.... Please help

Members don't see this ad.

Have you thought about SUNY in New YOrk City? It's pretty safe there now and definitely has great night life.
I was thinking of all your aforementioned schools and kind of like Ohio as well... will need to visit there to make sure though. Also like Michigan as well but seems tough to get into if you're out of state....
And how about SCCO near Los Angeles? I'm thinking of there too and must find time to go visit the California schools i'm interested in....