Metrohealth Cleveland lost model SCI status...should this affect my ranking significantly?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kinari

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

it just is. its likely not going to change patient volume or care much. its nice to have from a research standpoint because theyre are usually several projects going on that are already funded, have dedicated statistical support, etc, but not a must. I bet they are still collecting form II data so all is not lost. it may be a sign of greater instability overall (faculty coming anf going, so thats why they lost the grant) but its hard to get a sense of that from the outside. I wouldnt let it affect your rank too much

Members don't see this ad :)
Unlikely to change. The only thing that would change is if your attending physicians changed i.e. left that program as a result of loss of Model status. Also if a lot of the people that left are research PhD types that is hgihly unlikely to change your education as well.

In a major city like that you will be up to your eye balls in severe neuro trauma no matter the Model systems designation or not.

When applying for a job or whatever nobody is going to ask that. If they do and they think that is more important than what you know then you are better off not working for them.