Meredith College Pre Health Post Bacc- Any other applicants on here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carnc5

Reaction score
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone here has applied to this program or heard back from them yet? I applied back in October but haven't received a decision from them yet.

If anyone is in this program currently or has done it- please share your experience and any thoughts you have :)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied there as well, but I sent my app in much later than you. I haven't heard anything yet.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied late October too and have not heard back or received a status update

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied late October too and have not heard back or received a status update
Oh cool well I’ll post if I hear anything! I’m hoping it’s before Christmas but seems like it may be January at this point

Oh cool well I’ll post if I hear anything! I’m hoping it’s before Christmas but seems like it may be January at this point

Same here! I figured by applying early based off the other threads & the interesting meeting, I would’ve heard back by now!

I believe I did post this in that forum, at least this thread shows up there.

Does anyone have any updates? I still haven't heard back

I believe I did post this in that forum, at least this thread shows up there.

Does anyone have any updates? I still haven't heard back
I haven’t heard back either!

have you followed up with them? I am thinking about shooting an email sometime in the next week

All I have from them is “your application is ready for review and has been sent to the committee.” Meredith is not in my upper tier options so I’m less worried about this one.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

All I have from them is “your application is ready for review and has been sent to the committee.” Meredith is not in my upper tier options so I’m less worried about this one.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
gotcha! Where all did you apply and what are your top choices?

gotcha! Where all did you apply and what are your top choices?
I applied to quite a few schools, mainly because I was really late in the app cycle (I wasn't verified through PostBacCAS until 12/18/18) and I had to cast a wider net. So far I have acceptances from UVa, WashU, UVM, Univ of St Thomas (TX), and Dominican. I have an interview with GWU coming up. Got an R from Goucher which does not surprise me at all. Still have some other apps pending and Tufts doesn't notify until around April 1. I'd say UVa is at the top of my list right now though. I was a little caught off-guard by their acceptance, I'm definitely non-traditional (late 30's) with 3.2cGPA/3.39sGPA. I have a HUGE upward trend after my freshman year (which was a long time ago). My recent grades and grad program are all super high GPA though. I have 13 years of RN experience so I definitely have clinical exposure.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to quite a few schools, mainly because I was really late in the app cycle (I wasn't verified through PostBacCAS until 12/18/18) and I had to cast a wider net. So far I have acceptances from UVa, WashU, UVM, Univ of St Thomas (TX), and Dominican. I have an interview with GWU coming up. Got an R from Goucher which does not surprise me at all. Still have some other apps pending and Tufts doesn't notify until around April 1. I'd say UVa is at the top of my list right now though. I was a little caught off-guard by their acceptance, I'm definitely non-traditional (late 30's) with 3.2cGPA/3.39sGPA. I have a HUGE upward trend after my freshman year (which was a long time ago). My recent grades and grad program are all super high GPA though. I have 13 years of RN experience so I definitely have clinical exposure.
oh that's awesome!! congrats!! I only applied to meredith- I am 24 and I live in raleigh and didn't want to move because of money and I have a sick family member here. But I got my acceptance last night! yay!!!! so I definitely will be going and I am super thrilled. Good luck on your journey and let me know where you end up going!

Reactions: 2 users
oh that's awesome!! congrats!! I only applied to meredith- I am 24 and I live in raleigh and didn't want to move because of money and I have a sick family member here. But I got my acceptance last night! yay!!!! so I definitely will be going and I am super thrilled. Good luck on your journey and let me know where you end up going!
Congratulations! I'm glad you are able to hop on this pathway, though sorry you have the other circumstances going on. At this point I am leaning toward UVa though part of my family will actually be staying in TX so that we can maintain residency. I can't give up the potential to go to a TX medical school, they are excellent and in-state tuition is so low compared to other schools.

Congratulations on your acceptance!!! And I’m thinking about following up with them. But since you just got notice, I’m thinking it shouldn’t be too much longer until I receive something.

Also did Meredith send your acceptance through email or by mail?

Just received my acceptance letter!

Reactions: 3 users
Applied in mid-December and haven’t heard anything yet. I’ve been refreshing my email like every hour lol! I was told that I’d be receiving an email if they accept me and just regular mail if they reject. Has this been tenge case for those of you who were accepted?

Applied in mid-December and haven’t heard anything yet. I’ve been refreshing my email like every hour lol! I was told that I’d be receiving an email if they accept me and just regular mail if they reject. Has this been tenge case for those of you who were accepted?

I received my acceptance letter late in the evening and then my official letter came in the mail about two days later.. ironically, I got my acceptance letter the day I emailed them asking when I would hear back since it had been 3 months.

Okay. So good to know that for as long as I’ve been waiting it’s not a bad sign! How soon do the summer classes start?

Just received word that I have been admitted! I'm over the moon ecstatic!

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations to everyone who has already been accepted! I submitted my application in January and am still waiting on my admission decision but at this point it seems like my top choice program. Does anyone know what type of MCAT prep Meredith has? Is there any official prep course or is it mostly independent studying or some sort of hybrid? Thanks :)

Congratulations to everyone who has already been accepted! I submitted my application in January and am still waiting on my admission decision but at this point it seems like my top choice program. Does anyone know what type of MCAT prep Meredith has? Is there any official prep course or is it mostly independent studying or some sort of hybrid? Thanks :)

On the website all it says is “MCAT study sessions are provided for students working toward acceptance into medical school”. So I’m assuming their is some kind of prep provided

Hi! I recently applied to this program (March 7th), which is pretty late, but I was wondering if there was anyone else waiting to hear back? Also, for those of you that have heard back, how long did it take and do you mind sharing your stats? Thanks!

On the website all it says is “MCAT study sessions are provided for students working toward acceptance into medical school”. So I’m assuming their is some kind of prep provided
Thank you so much! I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was through a test prep service (Kaplan, Princeton Review, etc.) or through the university but any sort of prep and study groups would definitely be beneficial!

Hi! I recently applied to this program (March 7th), which is pretty late, but I was wondering if there was anyone else waiting to hear back? Also, for those of you that have heard back, how long did it take and do you mind sharing your stats? Thanks!
I submitted my application at the end of January and am still waiting to hear back! Hopefully I'll hear back soon I've been checking my e-mail and mail box every day!

I submitted my application at the end of January and am still waiting to hear back! Hopefully I'll hear back soon I've been checking my e-mail and mail box every day!

Thanks for letting me know! I only submitted about 2.5 weeks ago but I am pretty anxious already :)

Thanks for letting me know! I only submitted about 2.5 weeks ago but I am pretty anxious already :)
I submitted early March, have not heard anything yet either. So nothing to worry about!

I've been accepted to other programs which I prefer so I'm not sweating it at this point, but best of luck to everyone.

I submitted early March, have not heard anything yet either. So nothing to worry about!

I've been accepted to other programs which I prefer so I'm not sweating it at this point, but best of luck to everyone.

That's great, congrats on your other acceptances! Do you mind sharing what other programs you've applied to? I am interested in others but have only applied to two.

That's great, congrats on your other acceptances! Do you mind sharing what other programs you've applied to? I am interested in others but have only applied to two.
Thank you! I applied to several of the "top" programs (Goucher, Bryn Mawr, Scripps etc) as well as Loyola Marymount, Temple CST, and Harvard Extension. The more well known programs turned me down (with the exception of Scripps - have an upcoming interview), but LMU, HES, and Temple accepted me. Currently torn between Temple and HES, though if I get into Scripps that will make it an even harder choice.

Thank you! I applied to several of the "top" programs (Goucher, Bryn Mawr, Scripps etc) as well as Loyola Marymount, Temple CST, and Harvard Extension. The more well known programs turned me down (with the exception of Scripps - have an upcoming interview), but LMU, HES, and Temple accepted me. Currently torn between Temple and HES, though if I get into Scripps that will make it an even harder choice.
Wow! Best of luck!

Hi everyone! First time poster here. Does anyone know how big the Meredith class will be? I applied on the deadline date and I am still waiting to here back. I got R by Bryn Mawr and Goucher. Currently waiting on HES and Meredith.

I think no more than 40.. I remember at the interest meeting in August, I attend they mention last years cohort was like 36 students.

Not sure if they grow dramatically each year

I see. Thank you for the info! I did contact them today and was advised that there are 15 open spots out of about 40-45. I encourage you to call them especially if you have not received the email that your application is now in review. When did you apply? And if you don’t mind me asking what are your stats? I applied to HES and I still haven’t heard back. Which other schools have you applied to?

I applied to Meredith late December and literally just got my acceptance letter via email about 2 hrs ago. I live two hours away and will be commuting back and forth. I applied to like 6 school and got denied from all of them except Meredith. I exceed stat expectations and was told that it was simply b/c I hadn’t taken any science courses. It seems crazy to me since I did indicate that I am a career changer. ‍♀️. Anywho, I’ll be in the 2019-2020 cohort. Nice to me everyone.

I just received my acceptance today as well and will begin in Fall 2019! What are other people planning on doing for housing and/or is there any sort of Facebook page for the 2019-2020 cohort? Congratulations to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Yes! I start in a few weeks

Me too!!! I have my schedule and trying to buy my books ahead of time. Do you know what you’ll be taking? I’m taking chemistry first.

Does anyone know if financial aid will cover the cost of the summer courses?

Once you know what summer classes you’re taking, you’ll have to fill out a summer financial aid application. After that’s filled out and turned in, they’ll email you what will be covered.

Me too!!! I have my schedule and trying to buy my books ahead of time. Do you know what you’ll be taking? I’m taking chemistry first.

I’m taking principles of bio in May and then cell biology & General chem 2 in June & July.

I’m taking principles of bio in May and then cell biology & General chem 2 in June & July.

Can you send me the link to the summer financial aid form??

In did it for this year 2019-2020. I have to go an add Meredith for my 2018-2019. Why? Idk but that’s what they want.

I think bc it’s still the 2018/2019 school year. Idk. They made me add both also.

I think bc it’s still the 2018/2019 school year. Idk. They made me add both also.

Also, have you received your student Id and email yet? I haven’t received any of those things. Just my schedule handwritten out by Dr. Aghoram. That’s it.